BAND AND OLD BLUES DAY

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

Is this a good idea?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:23 pm

YES
9
90%
NO
1
10%
 
Total votes: 10

User avatar
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2030
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:33 am
Real Name: David Eastburn
Location: Nr Falmouth, Cornwall
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DavebytheSea » Fri May 12, 2006 1:23 pm

Jude wrote: someone put me out of my misery (send me an email!!!) or put a bullet between my eyes!!

:cry: :wink:
Not until after she has fed me some seeds.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)

User avatar
J.R.
Forum Moderator
Posts: 15354
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
Real Name: John Rutley
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Post by J.R. » Fri May 12, 2006 1:33 pm

DavebytheSea wrote:
Jude wrote: someone put me out of my misery (send me an email!!!) or put a bullet between my eyes!!

:cry: :wink:
Not until after she has fed me some seeds.
The mind boggles !!!!!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.

User avatar
Jude
Button Grecian
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:21 pm
Real Name: Jude Comber nee Kelynack 5.38 1975-1980
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Post by Jude » Sun May 14, 2006 6:44 pm

J.R. wrote:He hasn't eloped with Shoz, has he ???
Or whozizname??? the one that got banned - hey I managed to get it back to the BAND!!! whay to go!

Hmm - listening to hits of the '80's

:oops: :oops:
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach

User avatar
J.R.
Forum Moderator
Posts: 15354
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
Real Name: John Rutley
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Post by J.R. » Mon May 15, 2006 12:02 pm

Jude wrote:
J.R. wrote:He hasn't eloped with Shoz, has he ???
Or whozizname??? the one that got banned - hey I managed to get it back to the BAND!!! whay to go!

Hmm - listening to hits of the '80's

:oops: :oops:
1880's ?????
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.

User avatar
Jude
Button Grecian
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:21 pm
Real Name: Jude Comber nee Kelynack 5.38 1975-1980
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Post by Jude » Mon May 15, 2006 6:26 pm

J.R. wrote:
Jude wrote:
J.R. wrote:He hasn't eloped with Shoz, has he ???
Or whozizname??? the one that got banned - hey I managed to get it back to the BAND!!! whay to go!

Hmm - listening to hits of the '80's

:oops: :oops:
1880's ?????
Dear John
I am far too young to think of the age of that! Come to think of it, I suspect that even you are too young, but I am sure there was good music in the 1880's after all people such as Beethoven, Brahms and ? Elgar were alive and composing then.....

your very much younger friend

J
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach

User avatar
englishangel
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6955
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:22 pm
Real Name: Mary Faulkner (Vincett)
Location: Amersham, Buckinghamshire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by englishangel » Mon May 15, 2006 8:28 pm

Sorry to be pickuy but Beethoven died in 1827.

Was that a 'Spot the deliberate mistake' Jude?
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"

User avatar
Jude
Button Grecian
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:21 pm
Real Name: Jude Comber nee Kelynack 5.38 1975-1980
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Post by Jude » Tue May 16, 2006 12:16 pm

englishangel wrote:Sorry to be pickuy but Beethoven died in 1827.

Was that a 'Spot the deliberate mistake' Jude?
well you know I wanted to revive the "music" side to this forum, so I could have added Janowksy (or however you spell his name) and a few others - I have a book of composers lives - but that would be cheating - so how did you know his date of death?? is it intrenched in your mind from CH or did you go and check it up????

For Fun I did an A-Z of composers - in the line of classical music - but includes people like John Williams...

I think I will start a New Thread and we can see how many of each we can get!!!
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach

User avatar
englishangel
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6955
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:22 pm
Real Name: Mary Faulkner (Vincett)
Location: Amersham, Buckinghamshire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by englishangel » Tue May 16, 2006 3:57 pm

Jude wrote:
englishangel wrote:Sorry to be pickuy but Beethoven died in 1827.

Was that a 'Spot the deliberate mistake' Jude?
well you know I wanted to revive the "music" side to this forum, so I could have added Janowksy (or however you spell his name) and a few others - I have a book of composers lives - but that would be cheating - so how did you know his date of death?? is it intrenched in your mind from CH or did you go and check it up????

For Fun I did an A-Z of composers - in the line of classical music - but includes people like John Williams...

I think I will start a New Thread and we can see how many of each we can get!!!
I 'googled' him of course
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"

User avatar
Jude
Button Grecian
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:21 pm
Real Name: Jude Comber nee Kelynack 5.38 1975-1980
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Post by Jude » Tue May 16, 2006 9:10 pm

Oh Mary - and there I was thinking Miss Cordwell had actually gotten somewhere with someone!!!

Oh well 2 points for thinking and searching! (iniative)

Jxx
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach

User avatar
J.R.
Forum Moderator
Posts: 15354
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
Real Name: John Rutley
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Post by J.R. » Thu May 18, 2006 11:19 am

englishangel wrote:
Jude wrote:
englishangel wrote:Sorry to be pickuy but Beethoven died in 1827.

Was that a 'Spot the deliberate mistake' Jude?
well you know I wanted to revive the "music" side to this forum, so I could have added Janowksy (or however you spell his name) and a few others - I have a book of composers lives - but that would be cheating - so how did you know his date of death?? is it intrenched in your mind from CH or did you go and check it up????

For Fun I did an A-Z of composers - in the line of classical music - but includes people like John Williams...

I think I will start a New Thread and we can see how many of each we can get!!!
I 'googled' him of course
He spoke very highly of the experience Mary !!!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.

User avatar
Jude
Button Grecian
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:21 pm
Real Name: Jude Comber nee Kelynack 5.38 1975-1980
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Post by Jude » Thu May 18, 2006 11:21 am

not much one can say to that is there?
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach

User avatar
J.R.
Forum Moderator
Posts: 15354
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
Real Name: John Rutley
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Post by J.R. » Thu May 18, 2006 11:51 am

Jude wrote:not much one can say to that is there?
Not a lot, Eh, Mary ?????
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.

User avatar
Jude
Button Grecian
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:21 pm
Real Name: Jude Comber nee Kelynack 5.38 1975-1980
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Post by Jude » Thu May 18, 2006 4:35 pm

J.R. wrote:
Jude wrote:not much one can say to that is there?
Not a lot, Eh, Mary ?????
I bet Jan didn't google you when you had had several more than you should in the doodahh the other night!! If she did - what was the experience like? I have never been googled!
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach

User avatar
J.R.
Forum Moderator
Posts: 15354
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
Real Name: John Rutley
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Post by J.R. » Thu May 18, 2006 4:59 pm

Jude wrote:
J.R. wrote:
Jude wrote:not much one can say to that is there?
Not a lot, Eh, Mary ?????
I bet Jan didn't google you when you had had several more than you should in the doodahh the other night!! If she did - what was the experience like? I have never been googled!
I just wish I could remember !!!!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.

User avatar
Jude
Button Grecian
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:21 pm
Real Name: Jude Comber nee Kelynack 5.38 1975-1980
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Post by Jude » Thu May 18, 2006 5:00 pm

J.R. wrote:
Jude wrote:
J.R. wrote: Not a lot, Eh, Mary ?????
I bet Jan didn't google you when you had had several more than you should in the doodahh the other night!! If she did - what was the experience like? I have never been googled!
I just wish I could remember !!!!
The imagination doodahs (forgotten the word)
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach

Post Reply