Map of Old Blue locations [http://www.frappr.com/oldblues]

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

a weird mix of tales from 100 acre wood and how mnay OB's are on the map..... I expect we will all be fascing an exposition to the North Pole at this rate...

My daughter is Piglet, her friend Sophie is Tigger, I am a cross between Kanga, Pooh and Eeyore.... and sometimes owl... which is very confusing...
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

On this map, http://www.frappr.com/oldblues they are all Old Blues, except that I am in there twice, once as me and once as OB editor.
Overseas OB's are those who run the sections in their area, except for Howard Gilbert in Norway, who works as an athletes masseur, who I met when he was working in La Manga. He is also an Old Blue.
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

I'm pleased to see another in Wales. I am surprised to find the southern bias there.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Just re-adjusted my position marker a little - as EnglishAngel pointed out, I seemed to be out sailing. Quite nice to see that I can zoom in so close that I can see my inflatable dinghy on the beach though! At maximum zoom, my little garden takes up as much space as the whole of CH on its maximum zoom!! I wonder why my house is deemed so important that I can practically see into the windows!

Incidentally, John, I think the marker for CH is misplaced a little. Should you not place it in the Quad rather than in the middle of Horsham. 'Course that's the trouble with having done A level Geography with Pip Newberry - he was such a stickler for accurate mapping!
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

DavebytheSea wrote:Just re-adjusted my position marker a little - as EnglishAngel pointed out, I seemed to be out sailing. Quite nice to see that I can zoom in so close that I can see my inflatable dinghy on the beach though! At maximum zoom, my little garden takes up as much space as the whole of CH on its maximum zoom!! I wonder why my house is deemed so important that I can practically see into the windows!

Incidentally, John, I think the marker for CH is misplaced a little. Should you not place it in the Quad rather than in the middle of Horsham. 'Course that's the trouble with having done A level Geography with Pip Newberry - he was such a stickler for accurate mapping!

I have complained to Frappr about the location of CH, and even given them gps details, but it is low on their priority to change. They only show major towns.

The place I want to locate is Christs Hospital which I can locate on the google map but is not a town on the list. The nearest town is Horsham, about 3 miles north. I have coordinates 51deg 02'38.64N 0deg 21'47.17W

Hi John,

Places do not currently have exact coordinates. We're implementing that soon but don't have an exact date on it (I can estimate 4-14 days).

I've fixed your MyFrappr Profile's "Maps I've Created".

Hope that helps!

Brian T
The Frappr Team

I think he meant 4 - 14 weeks.

Try the google map at that location.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Try now.
Hopefully it is on Big side.
Tried to get it in the quad but detailed movement is difficult on my screen
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

I used the satellite display to place my marker. When I first placed it, it was not quite right (in the water!), but now I seem to be able to zoom right in and have now placed it just outside my front door.

The satellite display shows Christ's Hospital quite clearly. Can you not nudge the marker on this display just as I have done on mine?
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

You beat me to it! :)

Much better! Just behind the Music School I think.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Does Frapper develop the satellite system for the American laser controlled bombs, by any chance ?? :oops:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

J.R. wrote:Does Frapper develop the satellite system for the American laser controlled bombs, by any chance ?? :oops:
As far as I know there is someone called Matt in San Francisco who has developed this based on Google map.

Besides which, confidence in American laser controlled bombs hitting anything important is misplaced.
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

I think the Music School IS important and should not be bombed.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

DavebytheSea wrote:I think the Music School IS important and should not be bombed.
I thought it was jazz musicians that got bombed ??
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

and heavy metal
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

When I was first added Mary found I was bang in the middle of Gloucester Royal Hospital - I wonder if that was a warning?!!!

Have moved it, but have now forgotten (swiss cheese brain) how to ZOOM I know - ditzy blondes! will put it on the has any one got thread - and see if I come up with a new brain... alternatelvly please someone im/pm/email me with the answer!
:oops: :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops:
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

For those interested, I have just looked and we have a grand total of 40 Old Blues on the map, and one, Alec Douglas, fighting with the internet to get in.
New entrants are in Gozo, Abu Dhabi and Tannum Sands.

We could do with some more.