The CHA Site Phase 2 is launched!

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

The CHA Site Phase 2 is launched!

Post by jtaylor »

Louise and I are pleased to tell you that all our hard work has finally paid off and
the new version of the CH Association website has been launched!

www.chassociation.org

Key highlights:-

:arrow: All information has been transferred from OldBlues.com (OldBlues.com will remain live for the moment, but will eventually be pointed at the CHA website)

:arrow: The new Old Blues section contains the amazing Blue Yellow Pages which lists Old Blues by Last Name. You can search through the information by name, years, house(s)/ward(s), or keywords. Alternatively you can view the lists of "Publications", "Where are they now?" and "Obituaries". This is a fantastic resource that will make your searches for fellow Old Blues much easier.

:arrow: The News Section now includes the News Archive which automatically includes all current news articles, along with Old Blues News and the email newsletters from OldBlues.com.

:arrow: RSS delivery:- Get the CHA News and Old Blue Information via RSS feeds - news and info "pushed" to your desktop via Click here for details of what RSS is

:arrow: Events, Event Reviews and Event Galleries now have their own sections and include all the reports and photos from past events previously on OldBlues.com.

:arrow: Mobile Phone delivery - get the latest CHA News and Old Blue Information on your mobile phone. This section of the site offers the last 30 news and Blue Yellow Pages articles in a low graphics format perfect for your mobile!

Full details and links to the RSS/Mobile sections are to be found on the CHA website:- www.chassociation.org

We hope you like the new version of the site, and that you'll find it a useful resource for information on your contemporaries and Old Blue friends.

Kind regards,

Julian & Louise
Last edited by jtaylor on Mon May 01, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

NEW CHA WEBSITE

Post by UserRemovedAccount »

Dear Louise & Julian,
I have had an initial look at the new site and think that it is terrific - very well done to you both. It will take many hours if not weeks to work out the full extent of the facilities and information that you have now made available to all of us but I am sure that I speak for all Old Blues in saying that you have done a remarkable job for which we are all very grateful.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Fabtastic job! Well done! :-)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Yes, congratulations all round. I imagine that a fair bit of work has gone into this.

Adding the Old Blues content is an excellent idea, and having a way of letting people know when the content is updated is extremely important.

Now, how can I get the updates sent to a Windows 98 based system? :? :oops:

Think I'd better start reading all the links.............
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

The RSS and mobile delivery are the most powerful additions, combined with the database of Old Blues Information and the News database.

For Windows 98, try this:- http://www.feedreader.com/

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Thanks Julian, I'll have a look at it.

BTaylor
Deputy Grecian

Post by BTaylor »

I think it's time to upgrade, Mr Ruck.
Thornton 85-92
BTaylor
Deputy Grecian

Re: The CHA Site Phase 2 is launched!

Post by BTaylor »

jtaylor wrote: The new Old Blues section contains the amazing Blue Yellow Pages which lists Old Blues by Last Name.
Wouldn't these be the green pages?

Nice site by the way.
Thornton 85-92
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

BTaylor wrote:I think it's time to upgrade, Mr Ruck.
I keep meaning to get around to it.

Actually, I bought my set-up for £90 all-in from the liquidators when the company I was working for a few years ago went bust, so I suppose I shouldn't complain. It is a bit creaky now, though.

Also, I've heard that people who create viruses don't much bother with Windows 98 any more (touch wood).

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I don't think I had better go there from work or I will never get anything done but it sounds very exciting.

Hubby out for the rest of the week (not an invitation) so I will have time for a peruse at home.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

englishangel wrote:Hubby out for the rest of the week (not an invitation)

Oh!! I'm upset now :wink:
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Well done on the site! Excellent stuff!
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

Had a quick look at the B/Y pages - my brother is there, but I am not...strange, particularly as he is dead and I, to all intents and purposes, am not...
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

englishangel wrote: Hubby out for the rest of the week (not an invitation) so I will have time for a peruse at home.
Best get your eye-sight re-checked next week then, Mary !

Nice site, JT !

(Where's the section offering stab-proof vests ??)
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
FrogBoxed
Deputy Grecian

Post by FrogBoxed »

palgsm93 wrote:
Euterpe13 wrote:Had a quick look at the B/Y pages - my brother is there, but I am not...strange, particularly as he is dead and I, to all intents and purposes, am not...
You won’t find yourself in the B/Y pages unless there is an article/information about you on the web.
You don't have to have an article about you on the web to be in the Blue Yellow Pages! One of the last jobs I'm doing in version two of the site, is sifting all the archived news stories from oldblues.com for Old Blue details and adding them to the BYP (or adding to their entries if they're already listed).

Just send me or Wendy Killner whatever info you'd like to see on there and I'll be happy to add it to the BYP, and Wendy will add you to/update your details in Who's Blue Online. Just remember to include your telephone and email contact details (and whether or not you want those published in the BYP), as well as House(s) and dates at CH, and whether or not you are an Old Blue/Governor etc. as this makes keeping track of you much easier!

I'm discovering some fascinating facts all the time and I bet the forum members can add to those... There's a challenge if ever I heard one!
Louise Barr Col B 89–96 | Frog Box Design