Old Blue content in "the Blue"

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Old Blue content in "the Blue"

Post by DavebytheSea »

I seem to have "volunteered" to act as a link between OBs and the school magazine for which Ian Stannard is responsible. We are to have an Old Blue "chapter" the purpose of which is to bring to the notice of present pupils and their parents the unique achievements and the mutual support and brotherhood (sisterhood) together with the vibrancy of the OB community.

It is important that any OB content in the school magazine should be of general interest to pupils and parents alike, be succint and, if possible, well illustrated. Above all the pieces should be fascinating and/or fun.

To save any duplication between chapters, I have to inform INS by July 8th of all material we propose to submit and, if possible, by whom authored.

I am asking therefore two things:

1. Can you contribute something that would fit the bill and
2. Is there something of OB/general interest that I ought to ensure is in our chapter? If you know of something please let me know. If you can write about it or send a photograph, then so much the better.

Many thanks.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
FrogBoxed
Deputy Grecian

Post by FrogBoxed »

Well, there's a certain website that could probably do with a mention! ;)

I think the site stands as testament to the thriving OB community and this must surely be of interest to students and parents. Okay, as we've discussed elsewhere on the Forum, some Young OBs may not make use of the CHA and its activities, but knowing it's there and one isn't cast out into the cold after the leaving service may provide some (small) comfort?!
Louise Barr Col B 89–96 | Frog Box Design
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Thanks Louise - great idea! I think I may have to write up the CHA for want of better! May I use your logo?
FrogBoxed
Deputy Grecian

Post by FrogBoxed »

By all means use the text that's currently on the home page. That sums up the changes succinctly and gives all the relevant links, plus it will have changed by the time the Blue comes out.

I'll try and remember to email you a high-resolution logo for use with the write up (just don't use the one you can grab from the site as it'll come out all blocky in print despite looking nice on sreen! ;)).
Louise Barr Col B 89–96 | Frog Box Design
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

thanks! - I was hoping you would say that! :)