A plea from a CHA board member with nowhere to lay his head.

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

A plea from a CHA board member with nowhere to lay his head.

Post by DavebytheSea »

There is to be a CHA Board meeting in London on the evening of November 23rd. All our meetings in the year are held by telephone with the exception of two face to face meetings - one at CH and one in London.

I have managed to get a return flight to Newquay on Friday 24th (at lunch time) for the princely cost of 1 penny (!) but cannot, as I had hoped, stay with my daughter who has a full house at that time. In order to keep expenses as low as possible, is there any kind forum member who could offer me a bed/sofa/floor for the night somewhere reasonably accessible from both central London and Stansted airport?

Please PM me if you have any ideas.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

No response yet - but I have found that I can sleep in a 12 person dorm for just £8 per night - doesn't seem quite me somehow though. I expect I would be at least 50 years older than the other 800 guests.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

You won't need to travel or sleep with 11 other people now, David! We are going to meet by telephone!!
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966