What should the CHA be? WHAT DO U WANT IT TO BE?

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

To sum-up a couple of points:-
The idea of an Old Blue database is there (Who's Blue), just poorly executed? (in my opinion)
It needs to be an online database, with secure login (SSL) etc. Members could then tick their interests from a list, and keep them up-to-date, forming our own CH Friends Reunited type site.
Leavers would automatically be added, based on their affiliations at the school.
Official CH organisations could then tap into this list, and email people accordingly with info etc.?
Communications become free/cheap, as email does it all - I'm sure 95% of Old Blues must have access to email these days?

Thanks for all the positive feedback :oops: - it means a lot to hear the positives, having been trying to make this idea work for almost 9 months now! Great to hear the forum's being appreciated - nice to see some regular visitors and lots of contributions.

In terms of a CH Forum meeting somewhere - excellent idea, Oxfordshire would suit me, but doubt it'd suit everyone else. With regard to organising, and happy to send out communications to the board, although I really don't think I'm able to drive it - just too much on with work/personal life at the moment, and this forum is actually (pleasantly) taking up a fair chunk of time.
Happy to keep driving the forum, and by-all-means use the forum to arrange a get together?? Any volunteers?

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Well I'm always up for organising perties/gatherings so what do people think?
stoice
2nd Former

Post by stoice »

Go for it Mat unless anyone has any objections??
Stoice
Ba B 92-99
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Go for it, sounds great.

One question for discussion:- Is being an Old Blue enough of a common thread to get people to want to meet up?
Old Blues Day: common thread that we spent 7 years there, and nice to see the old place again.

Other than that though, isn't it more of the activities that bring people in? e.g. if there were a choir reunion, with a chance to sing in chapel some of the old favourites that we used to do, maybe getting back Peter Allwood for the day (my era), then choir members would be up for that.
Similarly the band, with a chance to play for lunch parade again on a Saturday after a morning of rehearsal, playing the old favourites?

There seems to be a need for more of a common thread than just that "we're all Old Blues"?? Or maybe not??

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.