CHA Merchandise / Memorabilia - your opinions are needed...

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

CHA Merchandise / Memorabilia - your opinions are needed...

Post by Richard Ruck »

The CHA is looking to develop a new range of merchandise to appeal to the Old Blue (and indeed C.H.) community.

In the past it seems that a large range of items was produced by Christ's Hospital Enterprises, quite a few of which did not sell in the hoped-for quantities, and as the funding for this will be quite tight at first we are very keen to ensure that we only produce what people actually want.

So, we'll be having a look at the more obvious items (ties, cufflinks, maybe umbrellas, etc.) to start with, but we would, of course, like to ensure that the needs of all age groups and both genders are met, so if you have any opinions you'd like to share, or if you have any stunning ideas of your own please feel free to discuss them here!

Thanks!
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
peter2095
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by peter2095 »

I have to say that i'm very pleased to hear that the CHA are looking at selling Merchandise again.

I don't know how everyone else feels but i'd quite like a rugby jersey with the CH crest on or a hoody (i know what people are thinking, but they are comfortable); my cousin went to Sevenoaks and they had a great thing of everyones names in his year, on the back.

Not sure about anybody else but i'd definately buy a broadie buckle

What about requests for House photos from past years? I reckon those would sell.

Cufflinks would also be good.

Not sure about umbrellas though. They always seem to be the hardest thing to shift

If they are going to go ahead, I do think it need to be publicised extremely well, it needs to be stuck in all old blues heads that thats were they can turn to if looking for memorabillia
If it takes 87 muscles to frown, if i frown throughout the day, can that count towards my daily work out?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I certainly go with ties and cufflinks, though being aged and sick and tired of having to wear a suit and tie and now not having to, I wonder if.......

How about stick pins for collar/sweater. (like the U.S. political badges)

Jumper with CHA crest on ?
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

peter2095 wrote: I have to say that i'm very pleased to hear that the CHA are looking at selling Merchandise again.

I don't know how everyone else feels but i'd quite like a rugby jersey with the CH crest on or a hoody (i know what people are thinking, but they are comfortable); my cousin went to Sevenoaks and they had a great thing of everyones names in his year, on the back.

Not sure about anybody else but i'd definately buy a broadie buckle

What about requests for House photos from past years? I reckon those would sell.

Cufflinks would also be good.

Not sure about umbrellas though. They always seem to be the hardest thing to shift

If they are going to go ahead, I do think it need to be publicised extremely well, it needs to be stuck in all old blues heads that thats were they can turn to if looking for memorabillia
Thanks for this - some nice ideas.

I completely agree re. the publicity - we are looking at every possible avenue!

peter2095
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by peter2095 »

just as a quick suggestion

It might be an idea at trying to sell some stuff at the Beating of the retreat at the end of the School year, or making it available for Grecians to buy memorabilia before they leave.

However, it would be advisable to set up a stall or something when the parents are around. You know money situation that students have
If it takes 87 muscles to frown, if i frown throughout the day, can that count towards my daily work out?
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

What about past recordings that the school choir/band has made?

I lost one of the CDs that I recorded with the choir which I haven't been able to find since!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
peter2095
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by peter2095 »

That would be quite a good idea as a downloadable thing on the CHA Website, cheaper that way

At least that way it can go straight onto either ipod ect, or CD

Just an idea
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

It would be if I had an Ipod - I prefer the physical CD!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Music recordings are indeed on the agenda. Again, it might take a while to trace mastertapes etc. (assuming they still exist), look at copyright issues and other such matters.

There must have been many recordings made over the years, both at Horsham and Hertford, and it would be nice to have them properly archived and made available to interested parties.

blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

i think the college school scarf would be popular, i have mine and know many others would have liked them

I kept my hoodie with CH badge on from games when i was there and my broadie and buckle!

I think things that can still be used by people may be good such as ties, cuff links, hoodie, mug, cds of choir/big band
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

blondie95 wrote:i think the college school scarf would be popular, i have mine and know many others would have liked them

I kept my hoodie with CH badge on from games when i was there and my broadie and buckle!

I think things that can still be used by people may be good such as ties, cuff links, hoodie, mug, cds of choir/big band
I think scarves changed over the years so one design might be suitable for only a limited number of OBs.
Hoodies - getting a bad reputation and banned in some places as Amy should know.
Ties - OK but which one? Stripes, crests - one or multiple, perhaps sexist as are cufflinks. Sorry, not really a suggestion
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

people actually think ties are sexist? ffs gona shoot myself now. crazy people
Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Car tax disc holders

Note Books

Pens

files (lever arch etc)

Binders for The Blue / Old Blue

In other words items that might have some sort of "use" many of which have been suggested above by others.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

CH branded ipod. pre-loaded with ch music! :-p
Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

ben ashton wrote:people actually think ties are sexist? ffs gona shoot myself now. crazy people
How many women wear ties? How many women use cuff links?

These objects are are a near male-only product so they'll get that Street-Porter woman onto them.

OTOH men are not allowed to complain about all those perfumes, scarves ......... that would be sexist!
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!