CHA Merchandise / Memorabilia - your opinions are needed...

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

kerrensimmonds wrote: NOT the same as the OGA badge which is currently on eBay - and on which I am bidding! I've never seen one like that before.....)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIN-EMAMEL-BADGE- ... dZViewItem

That looks like an old one to me, as stated by the seller

And the CCF cap badge is a beauty.
Last edited by englishangel on Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

J.R. wrote:
Mrs C. wrote:
J.R. wrote:How about stick pins for collar/sweater. (like the U.S. political badges)
I think we still have some lapel stick-pin badges for sale in tuckshop if anyone wants one!
Can you find out for me, Janet ?

What do they depict ? Size ?, Cost ?, Availability ?

Ta !
Second request for one of these!
I`ll take a pic to post here - I`m not sure how many are left .
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

That takes you directly to the big picture.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

Mid A 15 wrote:
Mrs C. wrote:
cj wrote:I think you need things to sell in a range of prices ie. children can afford a pencil or notebook, leaving Grecian may be able to run to a hoodie, high-flying OB lawyer may want to splash out on silver tie-pins. And making sure that the stuff is available and people know where to go to buy it us absolutely vital (whether it's in person from the tuckshop, via mail order catalogue or the internet), otherwise the most beautiful of products will end up languishing in a store room covered in dust.
The previous stock was all available from the school shop - and , as Kerren reminded me, also from the Sports Centre and on-line for some time. There was quite a broad selection of goods - such as you mention, but it just didn`t seem to sell. Whether it was the prices, the type of goods, or the fact that the shop was only open at certain times, I don`t know.
We, at least, found it to be quite a good source of Christmas presents however!
We might be talking at cross purposes here. However if this is the stuff that used to be advertised in "Housey" magazine the prices seemed quite steep to me.

I'm probably a tight so and so though! My daughters say I am!
I don`t think any of it was cheap - you certainly wouldn`t have gone to buy a pencil from there when you could get 20 for less money in WHS!!
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

englishangel wrote:Caroline, I think a while back you exclaimed about hoodies being banned.

Hoodies are not only the garments but the word is also used for the marginalised young men (usually) who wear them with the hood up and pulled over the face while they intimidate others. These young men have been banned from some shopping malls. Unfortunately sometimes others who find them warm and comfortable have been tarred with the same brush.

O --M --G :shock:

What next???????????????????????
Caroline Payne (nee Barrett)
Hertford 6.20 1965-70

Adelaide, dear Adelaide; where the water is foul, but the wines more than make up for it.
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

As promised

Tie slides £5.75 -4 available http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/ ... edited.jpg

Stick pins £5.75 -3 available (but one`s reserved for Peter if still wanted!)
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/ ... edited.jpg

Notelets pack of 10 £1.50 - 9 available
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/ ... CN0127.jpg

Short History of CH £2.00 3 available
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/ ... edited.jpg

assorted postcards 10p each
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/ ... 0131-1.jpg

And a noteblock - white with black/white drawing of Chapel on sides - photo wouldn`t load ! £2.00 - 4 available

If anyone would like anything, let me know - obviously I`d have to charge something for postage and packing if not being collected!
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Those postcards in the tuck shop are really old!

RR, for the CDs, if I recall correctly the CDs from my time were on the 'Carlton Classics' label and were produced by Jonathan Wearne (whom I believe is DNP's cousin!)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Foureyes
Grecian

BADGES

Post by Foureyes »

Mrs C
Looking at the pics of the tie-slide and stick-pin it strikes me that the badge is incorrect, since the upright RED sword is missing from the top left quarter!! Perhaps, that is why they did not sell??
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Funnily enough, when I looked at the picture, I thought something was wrong but didn't delve further.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Re: BADGES

Post by Mrs C. »

Foureyes wrote:Mrs C
Looking at the pics of the tie-slide and stick-pin it strikes me that the badge is incorrect, since the upright RED sword is missing from the top left quarter!! Perhaps, that is why they did not sell??
the sword is definitely there -but silver , as I`m sure Peter will confirm! Just doesn`t show on the photo
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mrs C. wrote:
Foureyes wrote:Mrs C
the sword is definitely there -but silver , as I`m sure Peter will confirm! Just doesn`t show on the photo
So it is !

If you open the photo in Windows Picture & Fax Viewer, then enlarge, it is there !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Foureyes
Grecian

BADGES

Post by Foureyes »

SWORD
Although I cannot see it myself, I accept that there may be a silver sword on those badges. Nevertheless, this does not invalidate my original point, which is that the sword should be RED. Every other CH or City of London badge has a RED sword. I rest my case.
peter2095
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by peter2095 »

Mrs C. wrote:the sword is definitely there -but silver , as I`m sure Peter will confirm! Just doesn`t show on the photo
The sword is there
If it takes 87 muscles to frown, if i frown throughout the day, can that count towards my daily work out?
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

I have not posted for a while so forgive me if I return to the topic.
I have couple of porcelain CH mugs, which since they seem to leak when I use them for coffee, my wife tells me they are just for ornaments.
I live close to the Lladro factory, they make porcelain figures, and last time I was there I asked about special issues. They are desperate for new work and now do special issues, something they did not do previously. What they make is not cheap as they are considered collector's items. Also, they cannot do very dark colours, so it wouldn't be a complete match to the Blue coat we all know, but would there be any interest if I went along and got a quote?
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)