The Old Blue - September 2007 - now available for download

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

The Old Blue - September 2007 - now available for download

Post by jtaylor »

The new edition of The Old Blue is now available for download on the CHA website:-
http://www.chassociation.org/news/newsa ... NewsId=382

This is ahead of the printed copies being delivered, but you'll receive your paper copy in the next few weeks (assuming your details are up-to-date with Wendy at the CHA office?

View the Contacts sectionof the CHA website to contact Wendy to update your details....)

Cheers,

Julian
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

All very exciting... I look forward to looking at it! :-)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

Talking of proof-reading..
Greg Colton
La B/La A 1989-2006
Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

Special needs?
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

I've downloaded the Old Blue and had a quick gander at it - congratulations, jhopgood and all the others concerned. My husband and I have been involved with local publications and know how much hard work goes into pulling something together. The design looks good and it seems to cover so much of Old Blue life. I look forward to having a thorough read when the hard copy arrives throught the post.

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

ben ashton wrote:Talking of proof-reading..
Greg Colton
La B/La A 1989-2006
Good spot, now fixed, and completely my fault as I wrote the CHA website news article.

I'll get my coat...

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

I had a butchers and it looks impressive. I liked cj and midgets contributions re the forum and look forward to reading it all "properly" when the printed version is released.

Well done to all concerned.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Foureyes
Grecian

Post by Foureyes »

cj wrote:My husband and I have been involved with local publications and know how much hard work goes into pulling something together.
In that case, have you seen "Devon Life" for September, pp 156-157? I should add that Helen Davis is also an Old Blue!!

:shock:
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

Foureyes wrote:
cj wrote:My husband and I have been involved with local publications and know how much hard work goes into pulling something together.
In that case, have you seen "Devon Life" for September, pp 156-157? I should add that Helen Davis is also an Old Blue!!

:shock:
I've never read Devon Life. :oops: I shall make the effort for Sept issue.

When I said 'local publications', that might have sounded a little more grand than the reality. My husband and I set up a village magazine and directory in our previous place of habitation - in fact the village where Munch's father-in-law now lives (small world!). It was all consuming - gathering material, persuading others to write, collecting sponsorship money (we ran without adverts for 3 years until we handed over), design and compilation on the home Mac, proof reading and delivery throughout the parish. A lot of the 'local' Devon population thought it was unnecessary as they knew everything that was going on, but gradually it came to be a regular part of the village scenery and they came round to see that an awful lot happened that they didn't know about! I did enjoy it, but, by God, was it hard work so I really take my hat off to John H and all the others who are part of the team producing the Old Blue and Blue!