YOU TUBE

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

Foureyes
Grecian

YOU TUBE

Post by Foureyes »

Has anyone at the school thought of putting a couple of Housie events on You Tube? For example, I am sure that a proper choral rendering of "Praise the Lord for our Foundation..." would go down well, as would, say, the Band playing "Sussex By the Sea." Nothing excessive but a couple of items would be much appreciated by Old Blues at large.
:shock:
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Re: YOU TUBE

Post by jtaylor »

These could also be hosted on the CHA website as Old Blue downloads.
I have recordings of both from CDs - I guess the only issue is one of Copyright?? Anyone able to answer how we'd go about getting approval etc?

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Re: YOU TUBE

Post by Mid A 15 »

I'm no expert but I THINK copyright lasts 70 years.

Rev Upcott died longer ago than that so unless the executors of his estate gave / sold the rights there shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not sure how old a tune Sussex By The Sea is but I've been aware of it all my lifetime. I can remember going to Hastings pre primary school and my grandmother singing it!

Maybe whoever produced the cds that you mention (CHA?) can give definitive advice.

Since originally posting I've found this link that may help.

http://www.mcps-prs-alliance.co.uk/abou ... right.aspx
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72