Middleton Reunion

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Middleton Reunion

Post by Mid A 15 »

I've seen reference to this taking place later in the year but no details as to vintage to be invited.

Anybody know?
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
JackD
2nd Former

Re: Middleton Reunion

Post by JackD »

The reunion is on Oct 8th starting at 10.30. I believe it includes those in the house in 1965 and earlier in part because that covers all those who contributed to the Mid A Fund, a major contributor the cost of the new houseparents' accommodations.

Since you were in the house in '65 I think you should have received an invitation. Wendy Kilner can probably oblige with more info.

Hope this helps.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

JackD wrote:The reunion is on Oct 8th starting at 10.30. I believe it includes those in the house in 1965 and earlier in part because that covers all those who contributed to the Mid A Fund, a major contributor the cost of the new houseparents' accommodations.

Since you were in the house in '65 I think you should have received an invitation. Wendy Kilner can probably oblige with more info.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply Jack.

I was actually in Maine A between '65 and July '68 and then went into Middleton A in Sept '68 as Maine A had become a junior house (LE/LF and below) in '66.

Your post therefore explains very well why I've heard nothing!
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
JackD
2nd Former

Post by JackD »

Sorry I'll miss you. I gather the numbers have to controlled since Mid B are included and the school has trouble handling ~150 people. The last Mid A reunion had about 75 apparently.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

JackD wrote:Sorry I'll miss you. I gather the numbers have to controlled since Mid B are included and the school has trouble handling ~150 people. The last Mid A reunion had about 75 apparently.
Yes it is a shame it is not open to all but it is certainly appropiate for the Mid A Fund contributors to take precedence if numbers need to be restricted.

I hope you all have an enjoyable day and thanks again for your replies.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72