The Blue

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

Great Plum
Button Grecian

The Blue

Post by Great Plum »

Anyone else get their copy in the post yesterday?

I have only had a quick flick through and it's good to see that most of the regular posters on here have been added into the "what are people up to" section (or whatever it was called!)

However, one small point, I was at Exeter for 4 years, not 5!! :lol:
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Is it possible to view "The Blue" on line ??
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I don't think so but I think you will get one through in the post in the nest few days!
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

Does anyone know how I can 'get on the mailing list'?
I've never even received begging letters!
Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02
jhopgood
Button Grecian

The Blue and the Ch Association/CH Club

Post by jhopgood »

Just browsing comments and would like to clarify the following:
I do not have the resources to check everything that goes in the Blue, as with the exception of Rex Sweeny, who does the lions share of data collection, and others mentioned as contributors to the news sections, I am a one man band, as have been my predecessors. I am now looking for others to help collect data and feed me the information. So sorry about the lack of accuracy but I rely on contributors to get it right.
So far, only CH Club members got the Blue as a right for paying their club subscriptions. Now that the Club is no more and the Association is getting underway, everyone who is an Association member, and that means all Old Blues, will get 2 copies of the Old Blue a year. This is only news on OB's, and if you want news on the school, that will be in the Blue, published once a year, and will cost. Next and first Old Blue due out at the end of this year.
I have no problem putting the Old Blue in a pdf form on the web, the question of where has still to be decided, but it will either be on the CHA web site, under both construction and discussion, or http://www.oldblues.com. I have the last one as a pdf, before a few minor altherations, but if you want, let me know, although the file is on the large size.
Hope that helps, and hope someone can help me some time.
I am also anxious for ideas as to how to get a broader spread of readers and contributors.
OB Editor (for his sins).
loringa
Deputy Grecian

Post by loringa »

I have a complete set of 'The Blue' from Michaelmas Term 1973 until the recently distributed final edition. Before they all go for recycling, if anyone wants them then please let me know.

Andrew Loring
LHA / Col A 1973 - 1980
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Would that not be a good thing for the editor of the Blue to have? Or perhaps the CHA?
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Good idea, but as I mentioned elsewhere, the CH Club had copies going back to the 1890's, all bound, and I believe there are also copies in the library.
They cover two shelves, so to transfer them from editor to editor would be quite weighty.
What would be a good project is to get them all scanned, then we could all have access.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Any Old Blues have access to a scanning/digitising service that they could offer at a discounted price/free??

This would be a great facility to offer on the web, especially if it were searchable in some way??
Not within my experience or expertise - anyone help??

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

jtaylor wrote:Any Old Blues have access to a scanning/digitising service that they could offer at a discounted price/free??

This would be a great facility to offer on the web, especially if it were searchable in some way??

J
Forget the cost !

Just think about the time involved !!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

J.R. wrote:
jtaylor wrote:Any Old Blues have access to a scanning/digitising service that they could offer at a discounted price/free??

J
Forget the cost !

Just think about the time involved !!
Time = money!

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.