CH Association launched!

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

CH Association launched!

Post by jtaylor »

:D
I am happy to announce that the new Christ's Hospital Association (CHA) now has it's own website, which can be found here:-

http://www.chassociation.org

You should all receive (or have received today) a leaflet through your letter-boxes, which details the Association, the new Manager (Sara Voice) the Advisory Board and contact details, which you can keep for future reference. The website currently repeats this information, but also has additional pages for events and information.

If you haven't received a leaflet by the end of next week, please do contact Wendy via the CHA website, as your contact details are most probably out of date....

The new site will no doubt grow, and we already have ideas for how to use it further in the future - for the timebeing it gives a single-point-of-contact for Old Blues to find out about events etc. and complements OldBlues.com (which is strangely experiencing technical issue today!)

As with all things CHA, the website will only be as good as the input from it's members - AND THAT'S US!! So please keep ideas flowing in, article for the Old Blue (new new Old Blues magazine).

Having met Sara a number of times, and spent a lot of time talking about new ideas and opportunities for the CHA, personally I'm really pleased she's on board and that she's demonstrated already her enthusiasm for the development of the CHA into an all-age & inclusive group of Old Blues.

A HUGE thanks to Lou (forum user frogboxed) for her many hours of hard work - she's developed the logo and the website on behalf of the CHA, for free! She's shown huge committment and enthusiasm, and I hope you'll agree it all looks great.

So - now you know what Lou and I have been working on over the past few months!

J
Last edited by jtaylor on Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Congratulations to all concerned - it does look very good. Nice work!

Who exactly needs to send their details, though?

I'm registered with Who's Blue, and receive the Housey circular, but was not a member of the C.H. club. Do I need to do anything else?

(Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, the brain's a bit dulled today).
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

If you receive Housey! you should receive the leaflet too...give it to the end of the week at least............

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Good website - all looks very interesting! :)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

Looks good .......... haven't received any thing in the post yet though.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

We've put the site up now as we're expecting leaflets to hit doormats early this week - didn't want the site to not be enabled when people get their leaflets and try to access it!

It's all in the timing you know.......!

The leaflet's going to around 7,000 people I believe, so hopefully we'll garner some additional interest from people.........

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Happy
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Happy »

Just a thought...
I googled 'christs hospital association' and the site did not appear.

Tags needed. :-)
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Frogboxed - can you oblige with whatever's needed

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

jtaylor wrote:Frogboxed - can you oblige with whatever's needed

J
Now, that's what I CALL a leading question, Julian !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
FrogBoxed
Deputy Grecian

Post by FrogBoxed »

jtaylor wrote:Frogboxed - can you oblige with whatever's needed

J
Sorry to disappoint, J.R. but it's quite a prosaic request, really! :lol:

In fact, Google had indexed the site just three days after we launched it, and "ch association" comes up on the first page of results (9th if you leave out the "" and 10th if you put the phrase in "")... However, with all searches and search engines, there's always a permutation of spelling or phrasing that will need to be added to the tags; it's a constant job to keep up to date with them all!

Another thing to bear in mind is that the CHA site is brand spanking new and most search engines still rate sites on how much content they contain, how often that content is updated and added to, so it won't appear above well-established sites in a general search.

Also some search engines still rank sites based on the number of other sites linking to them - so if you've got a site and you feel like mentioning the CHA somewhere, go right ahead!

Essay over!
Louise Barr Col B 89–96 | Frog Box Design