How to register, post and join in...

START HERE:- New to the forum? Look here for info on what it's all about. We've got lots of users, some regular and some occasional, so if you're not sure how to join in then here's where to start.

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

How to register, post and join in...

Post by jtaylor »

If you're less experienced with Forums, or IT in general, and want to join in, here's what you need to do:

Registering:-
1. Click on "Register" in the menu at the top the page.
2. Choose a username you'll remember (ideally this is your first+last name, or something that identified it easily as you - but you can choose anything if you wish!).
3. Provide a VALID email address (if you don't, you won't be able to activate the account) and put it in both boxes.
4. Choose a password you'll remember, and type it in in both password boxes.
5. Tick the box at the bottom, accepting the terms & conditions
6. Click on "Submit"

You will then get a message saying the forum requires account activation - you'll receive an email, almost immediately, with a link in it - just click on that link, and registration is complete.

Logging in:-
1. Click on "Log in" in the top menu
2. Type in your username and password.
3. Tick the "Log me on automatically each visit:" box if you're on a private PC - this'll save you typing in login details each time you visit.
4. If you forgot your password, click on the "I forgot my password" box, under the "Log in" button, and follow the instructions

Posting/Reading:-
1. Once logged in, any section which has new topics in it since you last visited will be marked with an orange piece of paper, rather than grey.
2. You can view all new topics together, by clicking on the link "View posts since last visit" in the top right of the screen, under the right hand drum logo"
2. Click on the title of each section/article to view the topics.
3. To reply to a topic, view it first and then click on "Reply to Topic"
4. To create a new topic, click on "New Topic" within the section you wish to add a topic to.

Help:-
Anyone who'd like some help, do send me an email to chforum@btinternet.com

Register and join in, and pass the word!

Julian Taylor
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
-- Contact me with any suggestions for improvements to this forum - keep posting, and keep passing the word --
Last edited by jtaylor on Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Updated to bump it to the top
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Re: How to register, post and join in...

Post by jtaylor »

And again to get to the top
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.