Summertime

START HERE:- New to the forum? Look here for info on what it's all about. We've got lots of users, some regular and some occasional, so if you're not sure how to join in then here's where to start.

Moderator: Moderators

Lamma looker
3rd Former

Summertime

Post by Lamma looker »

Julian,

I have just noticed a quirk in the magic clock that corrects for local time elsewhere in the world. It assumes that everywhere else adopts daylight saving time when the UK does. For those of us in the tropics where the clocks don't change it means that (a) we are getting ahead of ourselves and (b) getting older faster. Dave-by-the-sea would be even less happy...
A healthy mind is a sign of a mis-spent youth
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I guess the aging affect of all that sun is making people older....not much hope of sun in the UK!

This appears to be a quirk of the forum software I've used, without an easy fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I can't see an easy way around it for the moment. If I find one, will be sure to post it here.

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Lamma looker
3rd Former

Post by Lamma looker »

Sun? In HK? It's mostly hidden by the air pollution and the rain. To be fair, it is around 26/28C during the day but with 90% humidity much of the time. Sweaty.

Actually, the clock problem is not that much of an inconvenience, just one of those odd things that happen.
A healthy mind is a sign of a mis-spent youth
Hannoir
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hannoir »

aahhh i was wondering this.

in NZ we have already put our clocks forward for spring whilst you guys have not gone back then. so there will be a 3 hr innaccuracy when yours change.

when do your clocks change btw?
"All I need to be happy is a little house with a small yard, a white-picket fence, some trees in the yard, and some of my enemies hanging on the trees."

-Poet, Heinrich Heine

BA/GrE 00-02
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I believe it's next Saturday night, 29th/30th October...

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.