CAREERS ADVICE

START HERE:- New to the forum? Look here for info on what it's all about. We've got lots of users, some regular and some occasional, so if you're not sure how to join in then here's where to start.

Moderator: Moderators

UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

CAREERS ADVICE

Post by UserRemovedAccount »

I note that the careers advice string consists of a number of offers of assistance - all of them many months old - and zero replies. I wonder whether:
1. The people still at school, at whom it is, I presume, aimed, have access to the site?
2. If they do have access, do they know that the careers help shop is open?
As it is, despite being obviously very well intentioned it does not seem to be achieving very much.
Perhaps it should be re-examined?????
David
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

I don`t think current pupils have access via the school network.
UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

CAREERS ADVICE

Post by UserRemovedAccount »

If the pupils do not have access then I do not see what use the Careers Advice string is. I am NOT repeat NOT criticising anybody, but what I am suggesting is that someone should seek a way of bridging what is obviously a gap between those who are offering to help and those who might want help. Certainly, it seems odd that not one of the offers of help seems to have sparked a response.
David
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I believe that the forum is still filtered by the school...

Regarding the careers section - I view it as something which current Old Blues could use as much as pupils. People looking for career-change, support in their current career, building contacts in similar areas.

I'm surprised it hasn't been used more - open to suggestions for how to energise it a little....

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

Can the careers, and maybe more importantly university advice, sections be made available somehow? maybe to accounts of deps/grecians? obviously this would have to be done by the school ITC staff..
Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02