Veggies ??

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

Well - to all you non-veggies - I have just returned from a very good school lunch - crudites (well, sticks of carrot and pepper at least) with a choice of 2 dips, vegetable pasta bake (admittedly with cheese on top), a choice of a selection of salads which included a green salad, potato salad, rice salad, leaf spinach and black olive salad, tomatoes. roasted vegetable salad..... followed by ( a rather sweet!) lemon meringue and cream. Oh yes, and a bread roll if I`d wanted one - or soup(with croutons).

I could have had quiche, cottage cheese or tuna with my choice of salad (and ham etc for the carnivores), or the vege.bake or a vegetable casoulet as a hot meal with sweetcorn and broccoli and potatoes. There were also cold desserts such as fruit salad.

Now no doubt some one will correct me, but I reckon that`s a good selection , considering that some pubs can not stretch to more than glorified cheese roll for vegetarians......

The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

Bears no resemblance at all to the food of the 60's and 70's. (I'm pleased to say)
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

It's missing meat though isn't it?
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Mrs C. wrote:Well - to all you non-veggies - I have just returned from a very good school lunch - crudites (well, sticks of carrot and pepper at least) with a choice of 2 dips, vegetable pasta bake (admittedly with cheese on top), a choice of a selection of salads which included a green salad, potato salad, rice salad, leaf spinach and black olive salad, tomatoes. roasted vegetable salad..... followed by ( a rather sweet!) lemon meringue and cream. Oh yes, and a bread roll if I`d wanted one - or soup(with croutons).

I could have had quiche, cottage cheese or tuna with my choice of salad (and ham etc for the carnivores), or the vege.bake or a vegetable casoulet as a hot meal with sweetcorn and broccoli and potatoes. There were also cold desserts such as fruit salad.

Now no doubt some one will correct me, but I reckon that`s a good selection , considering that some pubs can not stretch to more than glorified cheese roll for vegetarians......

Surely not.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

englishangel wrote:
Mrs C. wrote:Well - to all you non-veggies - I have just returned from a very good school lunch - crudites (well, sticks of carrot and pepper at least) with a choice of 2 dips, vegetable pasta bake (admittedly with cheese on top), a choice of a selection of salads which included a green salad, potato salad, rice salad, leaf spinach and black olive salad, tomatoes. roasted vegetable salad..... followed by ( a rather sweet!) lemon meringue and cream. Oh yes, and a bread roll if I`d wanted one - or soup(with croutons).

Surely not.
Fish are vegetables!
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

Great Plum wrote:It's missing meat though isn't it?
I only mentioned what I would have a choice of!!

I think there was lasagne or something - but I never bother to look at the meat options, as I don`t eat it!
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Mrs C. wrote:
Great Plum wrote:It's missing meat though isn't it?
I only mentioned what I would have a choice of!!

I think there was lasagne or something - but I never bother to look at the meat options, as I don`t eat it!
I know, but that's the trouble with veggi options - no meat...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

Yes Matt........

Actually, I don`t think you`re allowed to have a slice or 4 of meat and then ask for the veggie bake!
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Richard Ruck wrote:
englishangel wrote:

Surely not.
Fish are vegetables!
Prawns are vegetables, as is a bacon sandwich, but not tuna.
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

Indeed, and why ? because tuna is known as " the steak of the sea", ergo tuna is really meat ...
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Well, OK, perhaps those tuna seeds were an unwise purchase.

They'd never really grow in chalky soil anyway.....

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I'd go and find that old woman if I were you, and take your cow with you, she might give you some magic beans.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Oh no she wouldn't!

etc. etc. ......

Time to stop this - it's getting silly!

AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

englishangel wrote:Prawns are vegetables, as is a bacon sandwich, but not tuna.
This sounds a bit like a female colleague whilst on a calorie count diet explained to me the female perspective.

You don't have to count the calories from chocolate as long as nobody sees you eating it.
:P
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

broken biscuits don't count either