East side .VS. West side???

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

East or West?

East
62%
West
38%

Total votes: 13

swirl
3rd Former

East side .VS. West side???

Post by swirl »

whose side are you on? obviously East side is sooo much better than west side. think.....all the classroom blocks, better houseparents in grecians, grecians club, infirmary, sportie. even the band marches down the east side of the school. East is far superior.....
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Re: East side .VS. West side???

Post by Mrs C. »

swirl wrote:whose side are you on? obviously East side is sooo much better than west side. think.....all the classroom blocks, better houseparents in grecians, grecians club, infirmary, sportie. even the band marches down the east side of the school. East is far superior.....
...and there was me thinking that West Block and history/geography block contained classrooms!

.....and tuckshop`s west, as is the nicest house on site, soon to be inhabited by Australians!
And Theatre.
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
swirl
3rd Former

Post by swirl »

we've also got DT school and art school. plus east block which cancels out west block, but is actually higher and more important that west block as it contains the RMT and not crappy RS!!!!
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

Well East is a better place to be i guess. i voted west out of duty.

west has chapel though. and the bird sanctuary :D a designated grecians smoking area.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I always went for East as (back in my day!) it had more girls, I was in Maine and it was a long way from Peele! ;)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Ruthie-Baby(old a/c)
Button Grecian

Post by Ruthie-Baby(old a/c) »

Hendrik wrote:Well East is a better place to be i guess. i voted west out of duty.

west has chapel though. and the bird sanctuary :D a designated grecians smoking area.
Smoking???

I voted West, then I read this. Can I change my vote? (It was almost 50:50 anyway, Maine v. Thorn really)
Ruth Tyrrell
Col B 90-97
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Ruthie-Baby wrote:
Hendrik wrote:Well East is a better place to be i guess. i voted west out of duty.

Smoking???

I voted West, then I read this. Can I change my vote? (It was almost 50:50 anyway, Maine v. Thorn really)
Ruth, you know that Maine is better than Thorn!
swirl
3rd Former

Post by swirl »

maine is so much better. and anyway, thorn is non existent atm with only 60 ppl in it, and it's turning into a girls house!
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

Ruthie-Baby wrote:

Smoking???

errr, perhaps you misunderstood this. just because they had designated bird sanc as somewhere where grecians were allowed to smoke didn't mean that all grecians west grecians had to smoke!

someone's had too much caffeine...

and given that grecians are of the age where they will smoke no matter what you tell them, you might as well put them smoking away from the impressionable juniors! or should it just be kept underground (or in lav ends to be accurate)?
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Hendrik wrote:and given that grecians are of the age where they will smoke no matter what you tell them, you might as well put them smoking away from the impressionable juniors! or should it just be kept underground (or in lav ends to be accurate)?
the Tube ??? I would like it re-opened you know, but not for smoking. As a convert of 30 years standing, I am absolutely dead against that.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

the tube was great fun. smoking near the schools gas mains though is rather unintelligent. i don't think they will be reopened though as there is still huge amounts of asbestos and the tube is in many areas very unstable.

west has a few more pupil-accessable tube entrances than east, and the line down to old sporty. though east has the Maine entrance to the infirmary tube/mortuary
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Goodness knows what's happened to the old sports hall route now that the site of the hall is full of overpriced houses...
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

Great Plum wrote:Goodness knows what's happened to the old sports hall route now that the site of the hall is full of overpriced houses...
they are really asking for someone to break in to those over-priced, over-filled houses from below, clear them out and leave the way they came...

...think about it, it's genius...
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Hendrik wrote:
Great Plum wrote:Goodness knows what's happened to the old sports hall route now that the site of the hall is full of overpriced houses...
they are really asking for someone to break in to those over-priced, over-filled houses from below, clear them out and leave the way they came...

...think about it, it's genius...
Well they have been on the market for a year and there is still one house for sale - £500,000 for a 4 bed house with a very small garden and no garage that I could see... :roll:
Laura M
Deputy Grecian

Post by Laura M »

Thats a tough one, I was in Ba.A then Grecians West so I am kinda split between the two.
Two men lying in a bed, one rolled over to the other and said, 'I'm gonna lead me a life of danger, I'm gonna marry a WESSEX RANGER!'
BaA 97-03 GrW 03-04