Forum Members You'd Like To Meet

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Forum Members You'd Like To Meet

Post by Mid A 15 »

I can HONESTLY state that there is nobody on the forum that I wouldn't like to meet. You all come across as thoroughly pleasant people and I'm not grovelling when I say that :!:

I already know AKAP and HPH so it would be good to see them again. Indeed I will hopefully see HPH 0n 5th May at the Maine A reunion.

Of those I've not previously met I could envisage a very pleasant convivial evening over a few glasses with RR, JR, JHopgood, Englishangel and Euterpe13 (if she's forgiven me for the Mallet thread :wink: ).

If I was in the mood for lively debate and discussion then Jude and Hendrik would feature on my list.

As I said though you all seem potentially good company.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Well, I'm sure a few of us locals would be happy to meet you for a few when you're down for the reunion.

How long do you plan to spend around these parts?

I have to say that I've had a few drinks with forum members and have always enjoyed them, and the conversation always flows easily (in fact, we usually run out of time rather than things to say).

Off the top of my head, I've met (via the forum, though not always had a pint with) Julian, J.R., Davebythesea (briefly), Mrs. C, John Hopgood, Ben Taylor (briefly), Great Plum (briefly), sejintenej, Tim Benjamin, Hound of the Baskervilles (three or four of us blabbing on about the band to the poor bloke), and a few others at various events such as the Carol Concert, Bluecoat concert, etc.

Some members, such as Rory, huntertitus, sport!, James F35 (and others) I know from years ago as we were at C.H. at the same time.

Still trying to meet up with huntertitus (London) and sport! (Sussex) for long-overdue drinks, so we'll pop a note one here when we get something sorted.

It would be good to meet some of the Hertford ladies, though.
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I'm always up for a quick pint (or several) with any of the forum members!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

As I keep saying, we need to organise a junket to Barcelona - I would love to meet up with you lot, and I agree that we would certainly run out of time long before conversation - we all have a great education, sharp wit and bl**dy awful sense of humour !

I agree with Mid... cant think of anyone on the Forum I would not like to meet - well, now that we have got rid of the cat-man, anyway !

Going to be in Liverpool first week-end of June, but that's a long ways from the Sarf
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Not too sure what my plans are for 5th May. I THINK I'm coming with another OB so I will be influenced by what he is up to especially if we come in one car which is a possibility.

I don't think I will be staying over though. Just down for the day even if I leave late :?: :!:
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
mr tall

Post by mr tall »

Oh my god! I am supposedly going to Barcelona first weekend in August for some festival. Perhaps we should all go and sleep on euterpe's floor!

At least the weather should be good!
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

Well if any of you need a bed in the Cotswolds, just drop me a line - I would like to meet any of you... especially English Angel and Mrs C (it's the mrs C bit!!)

I suppose someone needs to organise a CHOGA reunion ( only CHOGA doesn't exist - so how do we go about it???)

"Calling all Hertford Girls - please let's meet and greet on ?day ?Month 2006 Bring plenty of food, drink and photo's!!"

Ok - now what? :shock:
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

I`d be happy to meet anyone - having met several already - and spoken to DBTS several times even though we`ve never met! I already know quite a number of the more recent Old Blues and current Blues, of course.
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I started writing something for this thread yesterday at work, then work came up and hit me in the face.

I too would like to meet Jude, she exhausts me in the virtual world so goodness knows what she is like in the flesh. A bit dangerous for her to declare 'open house' though as she is midway between the west and London.

I have 'chatted' online with DBTS and although he claims to have no sense of humour I know differently.

I was at school with Euterpe and she gave me a solid grounding in dirty jokes, I bet we could swop a few and she could teach me all about Spanish reds. (not vodka though, got a 4 day hangover one New Year and have never touched it since)

Apart from those three I would love to meet anyone (I get on well with my kids friends so should be ok with the younger ones) and now I am back at work I should have enough money in a couple of months for a night out.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

mr tall wrote:Oh my god! I am supposedly going to Barcelona first weekend in August for some festival. Perhaps we should all go and sleep on euterpe's floor!

Come on down to Valencia, I'm sure I can persuade the boss to allow you in. We have already put up one Old Blue, who behaved himself, so there is a track record.
August is the month of village fiestas so I hope to be busy with my village band, which is always a laugh.
We go round the streets on wake up call and last year were invited into someone's house by his mother, who insisted her son should have been up hours ago, or not gone to bed. So having crept in, we then played wake up music outside his bedroom. 20 of us.
He was bewildered, but not annoyed as our next port of call was the bar, where he joined us for a beer.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

jhopgood wrote:
mr tall wrote:Oh my god! I am supposedly going to Barcelona first weekend in August for some festival. Perhaps we should all go and sleep on euterpe's floor!

Come on down to Valencia, I'm sure I can persuade the boss to allow you in. We have already put up one Old Blue, who behaved himself, so there is a track record.
August is the month of village fiestas so I hope to be busy with my village band, which is always a laugh.
We go round the streets on wake up call and last year were invited into someone's house by his mother, who insisted her son should have been up hours ago, or not gone to bed. So having crept in, we then played wake up music outside his bedroom. 20 of us.
He was bewildered, but not annoyed as our next port of call was the bar, where he joined us for a beer.
I'd like to meet you (and your mates). 8)
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

englishangel wrote:I too would like to meet Jude, she exhausts me in the virtual world so goodness knows what she is like in the flesh. A bit dangerous for her to declare 'open house' though as she is midway between the west and London.
Mary what have I done to exhaust you???? In the flesh - just think of a large whale, put my head on it, attach a walking stick and you have me!

Not sure if it was a compliment or a curse?,

:roll: :oops: :shock: :wink:
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

You are all fun and lively people else you would not be contributing here. I feel that I know Mary and Mrs C (both devastatingly charming ladies - I am in love with both of you!) although I have never actually met either of them. I have exchanged words with HH (immortalised in my finest poem on this forum) and RR, and I have been unmercifully rude to the latter on the limerick thread whenever he seems to be getting too big for his boots (judging by his avatar, that is most always!). I have also enjoyed the company of the OB ed, but not for long as I am too envious of his Hispanic lifestyle.

Curiously, just prior to finding this thread, I had placed some suggestions for possible happy re-unions (or should it be unions?) elsewhere on the forum - maybe on the travel thread, I think. Please look there. viewtopic.php?t=1167&start=60
Maybe if there is enough interest in such things, JT may see fit to have a special bit for arrangeing meet ups. We always seem to be talking about it, and some of us have actually managed it.
Last edited by DavebytheSea on Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

DavebytheSea wrote:You are all fun and lively people else you would not be contributing here. I feel that I know Mary and Mrs C (both devastatingly charming ladies - I am in love with both of you!) although I have never actually met either of them. I have exchanged words with HH (immortalised in my finest poem on this forum) and RR, and I have been unmercifully rude to the latter on the limerick thread whenever he seems to be getting too big for his boots (judging by his avatar, that is most always!). I have also enjoyed the company of the OB ed, but not for long as I am too envious of his Hispanic lifestyle.

Curiously, just prior to finding this thread, I had placed some suggestions for possible happy re-unions (or should it be unions?) elsewhere on the forum - maybe on the travel thread, I think. Please look there. Maybe if there is enough interest in such things, JT may see fit to have a special bit for arrangeing meet ups. We always seem to be talking about it, and some of us have actually managed it.
I think we need to find out who has teh most spare rooms / space for crashing and go fom there!! With the members who live away from the UK, they can fly to the nearest airport, we can all get totally splattered, talk lemmings and generally have a whale of a time!!!
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Re: Forum Members You'd Like To Meet

Post by Hendrik »

Mid A 15 wrote: If I was in the mood for lively debate and discussion then Jude and Hendrik would feature on my list.
I would have just called 'myself a miserable argumentative b'stard', but thankyou! Actually, online is where my "debating" ( :gun: ) side comes out most and I'm not so grrr in real life, especially after a few.

Well, I'm in Austria so a large-scale meet is, for me, hypothetical. However CH is a rather obvious one, as is London (though a tad expensive possibly). Last time I was drinking in the Chilterns in Summer it was with less pleasant people, so forum members would make a pleasant contrast. West country has beautiful landscape and F-ing good cider. So all suggestions have been good so far.

I would insist on a barbecue and for all those who home-brew to bring their home-brewed. For some reason self-made booze really seems to make an occasion. Well actually any self-made nourishment in general would be good, or for those who don't have the time, whatever Sainsbury's has on BOGOF.
:D