Questions have

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Questions have

Post by Mid A 15 »

been understandably asked on the forum recently about the CHA and recent events.

However credit should also be given where due and I would like to thank the CHA, especially Wendy Killner, Amanda, the rest of Wendy's team and the catering team, for the excellent Maine A Reunion organised on Friday 5th May. The CHA did us proud both in activities and refreshments and I'm very glad I made the effort to attend.

Peter Farnfield (MaA, MidA 66-73) spent hours tracking people down to add to the enjoyment of the day and I'd like to thank him too. Derek Adams, Harold Binley, Richard Courtney, John Crisp, David Edwards, Peter Farnfield, Ian Haynes, Richard Moss and Tim Nicholson were all either direct contemporaries of mine (Andy Miller) or overlapped with me. In addition John, Peter, Richard Moss and Tim were with me in Mid A too. It was therefore great that Peter tracked them all down as I had not met them in 34 years other than John whom I meet regularly.

I am surprised but not ashamed to have to admit to having something in my eye as the band played whilst we marched into lunch. I suspect that I was not alone.

I know that the numbers in the House are down in the mid forties with the new Grecians Houses but it is an amazing feat to transform two dormitories sleeping twenty six or so people into double study bedrooms for all in the House in addition to washing and toilet facilities. Grecians East is also very impressive and a good preparation for uni.

All in all a great day!

Julian or Simon feel free to move this if I've stuck it in the wrong bit of the forum.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72