J E (John) Henman RIP

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

J E (John) Henman RIP

Post by Mid A 15 »

I'm sad to report that I was recently informed John Henman ( Ba A 43-48 ) passed away in January of this year.

John was a client for many years of the firm of chartered accountants that I used to work for in Bromley, Kent. He had his own very well established business in West Wickham selling beds and carpets. I did not have direct dealings with him myself so it was many years before I became aware that he was an Old Blue. I mentioned to his widow, Elisabeth, that I was also an Old Blue and she told me that John was always "very proud of his old school." Indeed I note from the 2003 Directory of Old Blues that he was a Donation Governor, BSB Member and CH Club Member.

My enduring memory of John will be the way he used to come into our offices and exchange a friendly word with anybody and everybody, regardless of their position or status within the Practice. He would also often bring a tin of biscuits or sometimes honey from his bees ( "Rip" Kirby's influence?) for the secretaries and other staff to share.

Not many of our clients tended to show such a generous attitude to the "minions" so John was well liked by everybody in the practice, not just the partners.

John is survived by his wife Elisabeth, son Neil and his grandchildren. He also had a daughter, Diane, who sadly died a few years ago.

If this has already been reported by other means I apologise.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72