The First Member of Staff hits here

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Hobbit
3rd Former

The First Member of Staff hits here

Post by Hobbit »

Well as is easy to see INS has found the site and well all i can say is that it is good so now we can have a current staff CH opinion and hoefully anything that is said on here is understood as opinions etc...blah blah...well i am saying its nice to see you on here INS
Ian Stannard
3rd Former

Post by Ian Stannard »

I will spread the word to others, so you may find it used by more staff in the future. The strange thing about this is that you are not entirely sure who you are replying to. I would remember most of the last decades OBs, so it is interesting to see that they are still interested in what goes on here in Sussex.

Staff have an odd relationship with the pupils here - as boarders you get to know some very well and hence remain far more interested in their lives post CH than you would if you were a day school teacher. Equally, the pupils get to know the staff (warts and all) quite well too. This can, at times, be a mixed blessing :?
Hobbit
3rd Former

Post by Hobbit »

hey if u wanna know who we all are just ask..........am sure most dont mind ppl knowing there real id
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I know Dad has bene on here a few times - he says I'm too cynical! *sigh*
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Hobbit/Great Plum:- How about some signatures on your profiles!?!

viewtopic.php?t=39

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Hopefully it will work now!
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

And now another - all though not technically a "member of staff", Craig!
Interesting stuff!
(and this will probably be my first and last posting!)
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

Ian Stannard wrote: Staff have an odd relationship with the pupils here - as boarders you get to know some very well and hence remain far more interested in their lives post CH than you would if you were a day school teacher. Equally, the pupils get to know the staff (warts and all) quite well too. This can, at times, be a mixed blessing :?
Would agree wholeheartedly with that , Ian . And isn`t it great to see them going on to do great things with their lives?
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Mrs C. wrote:
Ian Stannard wrote: Staff have an odd relationship with the pupils here - as boarders you get to know some very well and hence remain far more interested in their lives post CH than you would if you were a day school teacher. Equally, the pupils get to know the staff (warts and all) quite well too. This can, at times, be a mixed blessing :?
Would agree wholeheartedly with that , Ian . And isn`t it great to see them going on to do great things with their lives?
Which Mrs C. is this?
dogger
2nd Former

Post by dogger »

Chandler, O Great Plum ??
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

NOT the first member of staff by a mile! welcome nontheless. what's the response been like in the common room to this forum?
The finger to the land of the chains!
WHAT? The land of the FREE?!
Whoever told you that is your ENEMY...
Ian Stannard
3rd Former

Post by Ian Stannard »

I don't know because it has never been discussed in my presence. I imagine that many of the staff would enjoy dipping in now and again. I think the idea is excellent and by far the most effective way to keep in touch. I hope too that the number of registered users in the OB world increases to extend its reach.
Ian Stannard
3rd Former

Post by Ian Stannard »

That is committment! :o
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

We have broken every rule on the Friends Reunited (FR) website, but to good affect I feel!

Big thanks to Simon for splitting the FR emailing - it's worked wonders with getting it off the ground.

I have been in touch with the head of IT at CH (Mike Harrod), and I believe he forwarded details to the deputy-head. Just wanted to be certain that they were aware, especially given that a number of pupils are registering, and I didn't want the site ending up filtered!

Ian:- Anything you can do to pass the word, keen that staff feel they can join in as much as anyone else, and would be great to hear from them.

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

Mr C is updating the official school website - worth putting a mention on there somewhere?