Bumping into the Band - a St Matthew's Day blog

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

oh yes, I had forgotten that
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Ajarn Philip wrote:But it gave me a good chuckle. Very therapeutic.

And it reminded me of the dangers of drowsy nocturnal visits to the bathroom.

A friend of mine when a young man (and I've heard similar versions of this story, so either he was making it up, or it's not uncommon) was staying with a friend's family, went to bed having consumed copious quantities of beer, and went to breakfast the next morning to be greeted by a rather strained atmosphere. Apparently he'd woken up in the night dying for a pee, walked casually into the friend's parents' bedroom, propped the chair next to the bed against the wall and proceeded to pee copiously and blissfully over the carpet. He then put the chair back, turned round and went back to bed.

I don't think he was invited back.
I've heard that flip-top kitchen bins can be equally confusing to the 'refreshed' gentleman........
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Foureyes wrote:Those who listen to "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" will know that one of the most sought-after trophies for which the teams compete is the "Armitage-Shanks Bowl".
:shock:
On a canal trip in the far north (along the Trent - Mersey canal, near Burton upon Trent), we noticed from the chart that the next town was called "Armitage Shanks". Then, as we rounded a bend, there it was: thousands upon thousands of beautiful shrink-wrapped lavatories - oh what sanitary bliss we felt upon that glorious morn.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)