If I'd known then what I know now,...

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

If I'd known then what I know now,...

Post by Deb GP »

Go on - what would you have done differently at CH if you knew then what you know now?! Hopefully you don't regret whatever it is too much - it's just part of that great learning curve called life.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

That is a very good question - I think there are a number of things I'd have doen differently on my juniors - however I'd preobably do my seniors about the same if i had the chance!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
stoice
2nd Former

Post by stoice »

come on then mat don't keep us in suspense!!
Stoice
Ba B 92-99
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

stoice wrote:come on then mat don't keep us in suspense!!
Well, I remember the Spice Girls poster we had in my study on my UF and GE!!
Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

Post by Deb GP »

ROFLMAO Great Plum!!!!!!

I think my "If I knew then" is that my nursemaid couldn't cut hair. I really didn't need to walk around with that wonky fringe on my squits. I've hated going for haircuts ever since.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

(BaA 88-95; Foundation Staff 99-02)
FrogBoxed
Deputy Grecian

Re: If I'd known then what I know now,...

Post by FrogBoxed »

If I'd known then that permanent marker stays on skin a lot longer than you think it's going to...
Louise Barr Col B 89–96 | Frog Box Design
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

Jenny L-C wrote:If I'd known I could have sold my hair for over £100 I wouldn't have thrown it in the bin!! Damn it! :roll:
wow! don't think i can beat that! don't they use human hair for really high class dolls or something?

i probably would have done more wheeling/dealing. not drugs obviously (the market was already saturated :lol: ), just petty stuff outlawed by petty rules. tho can't think what atm.

worked harder :roll: obvious, i know. but ever-true.

i would have unionised the students. then watched the SMT squirm as they debated to ban it (thus instantly increasing its popularity 10-fold), or let it run and gain numbers steadily. hindsight. frustrating thing.

started a juggling club. i can't believe somewhere with the resources of CH doesn't already have one.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Hendrik wrote: started a juggling club. i can't believe somewhere with the resources of CH doesn't already have one.
They used to be one on my juniors... i can't remember the teacher who started it but he used to be in the circus...
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

Great Plum wrote:
Hendrik wrote: started a juggling club. i can't believe somewhere with the resources of CH doesn't already have one.
They used to be one on my juniors... i can't remember the teacher who started it but he used to be in the circus...

That was Mr Dougal - the maths teacher ! We always used to joke that he was a clown but it was TRUE ! He must have been the only bloke ever to have run AWAY FROM the circus to become a maths teacher ?!!! Answers on a postcard as to why...
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

one of the current grecians has been given 500 quid from an old blue to set a circus skills club up, she's been sitting on it for months now and to my knowledge hasn't done anything with it. :(

if i'd been given a budget that big, there'd be no stopping me! [he sits back and dreams of poi, diablos, devil sticks, clubs, blades, fire toys, stilts, unicycles.....]

another thing i'd do differently: learn to skateboard. the long, gentle, meandering slopes of swansea are perfect for longboarding. :roll:
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Don't think I would have done too much different (apart from making better efforts not to get caught for crimes).
There is one barsteward (he calls himself a university professor) in NZ who, as a monitor put me in the Sicker for a couple of days with facial "problems". I should have got even then - but he and I are still alive .....

Other than that I for one got away with metaphorical murder (dropping boys off the roof of Lamb A in front of masters, rockclimbing many Saturdays and Sundays (sleeping in the open overnight), out to see the girlfriend (totally prohibited at the time).

The alternatives to behaving were pretty awful - borstal (= floggery) or expulsion and when you don't have a family, home ......
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Re: If I'd known then what I know now,...

Post by Euterpe13 »

Deb GP wrote:Go on - what would you have done differently at CH if you knew then what you know now?! Hopefully you don't regret whatever it is too much - it's just part of that great learning curve called life.
On a more serious note - if I had know then that you CAN stand up to authority, contest it and , with enough determination, WIN : I would have stood up to Auntie Dot when she made me change my A-levels, thereby removing any incentive to study, which in turn led to dropping out of Uni through totally apathy.... of COURSE I regret it!

Luckily, that kind of academic despotism seems to be a thing of the past...
Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

Post by Deb GP »

Not entirely, Euterpe13. I'd have been a bit more independent too about my A-Level choices. Ah well - all's well that ends well.
Stirling
2nd Former

Post by Stirling »

Not get kicked out. :oops:
Stirling Attfield
Middleton B 50
1990-1991
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

ditto!
Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door