New Christian website for Old Blues and current pupils

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

jtmusson
2nd Former

New Christian website for Old Blues and current pupils

Post by jtmusson »

Hello everyone,

I'm rather shamelessly going to use my first post here to plug something I've been involved with setting up! I hope that's all right.

It's called the CUBE (Christian Union Blues Exchange); essentially it's a social networking website (you know, like the Facebook), with the primary aim of uniting any Christian pupils and Old Blues so they can keep in touch and share their stories, concerns and thoughts.

You'll find it here: http://cubexchange.org.uk.

It's by no means just for Christians, though—anyone is very welcome to join. We'll be building a collection of home-written articles on the site about the basics and more of Christianity if you're at all interested, and there's a forum for everyone to voice their questions or get involved in current debate.

Look forward maybe to seeing you there, apologies again for the plug!

Yours,

James Musson.
jtmusson
2nd Former

Just to add

Post by jtmusson »

By the way, I probably should have mentioned that getting to a lot of the articles requires you to register. This isn't meant to be some kind of scary once-you're-in-you're-trapped thing, but because of the social basis of the site.

Hope that's all right,

James
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the site!

Facebook and the like is a closed book to an old codger like me but I admire your initiative in setting up the site and hope it takes off.

There are a few threads discussing ethical issues on here you may wish to link to, particularly in the non CH section.

I notice Luke is involved with your site. He posted on here while still at CH and it would be nice to see him back posting here.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
jtmusson
2nd Former

Re: New Christian website for Old Blues and current pupils

Post by jtmusson »

Hey, thank you very much for the welcome and your best wishes! It's been an exciting project to be involved with so far; hopefully it'll just keep growing as time goes on.

I'll definitely have a look around here to see if there are any discussions we could take some part in.

Luke is very much involved with the site, yes. In fact, he's been really amazing helping us to set the whole thing up.

Yours,

James.
La B 98–05
http://cubexchange.org.uk/
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.” (Jim Elliot.)
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Re: New Christian website for Old Blues and current pupils

Post by jtaylor »

Looks like an excellent idea, and very professionally present - nice!

I've moved this into the "General Chat - CH Stuff" section to gain prominance - I've left a shadow in the previous section.

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.