Entrance to CH - Picture

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

printmiprint
2nd Former

Entrance to CH - Picture

Post by printmiprint »

Withdrawn, I had no intention of causing such offence.
Last edited by printmiprint on Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Re: Entrance to CH - Picture

Post by Ajarn Philip »

printmiprint wrote: intrigue
?

How could anyone possibly take this the wrong way? :roll:
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

For all those who don't know, that entrance is now on the back of Big School...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

I was going to say...

The view itself is quite well known, but this is the first coloured version I've seen. From the description, though, this is just a modern computer scan of what is probably a near-contemporary hand-colouring of an original engraving.
Th.B. 27 1955-63
Wuppertal
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Wuppertal »

Alan P5age wrote:
Great Plum wrote:For all those who don't know, that entrance is now on the back of Big School...
Buried under acres of scaffolding?
No, it's there for all to see, in the centre of the back of the building, opposite music school.

(Edited by me: oopsy, of course, under the scaffolding that's there at the moment! I haven't been back since 2005)
Last edited by Wuppertal on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

On the advice of the Forum Moderator, you should know that it was I who bought this print. You should also know that I was disappointed with the quality, but since it did not contravene the item description, I did not complain. Yes, it is a poor reproduction, computerised. I will not be framing it to hang....
I had seen, on eBay, copies of the original print and missed out on them but on this occasion I am kicking myself for being gullible. It was not worth the money I paid for it.. especially if you take into account that, inter alia, I bought all three Wallace Hester etchings, as printer's proofs, for around £12-£15 each (they are now worth considerably more, having been professionally mounted and framed).

(PS I am also pretty cheesed off at the intrusion into my 'private' life, displayed by the vendor, who's interest in Christ's Hospital is not the same as ours, but is purely for personal financial gain. I would feel distressed if any fellow CH member of the Forum succumbed with the same gullibility as mine....)
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
Happy
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Happy »

Kerren,
Not sure if you can see from the avatar pic, but I have an original watercolour of that entrance. I would be happy to see what it takes to get a decent scan for you and make it freely available to everyone here if you like it. I object to what has happened in every sense, including this guy coming on here with a poor quality product.