Matron memories

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Re: Matron memories

Post by Barnes Mum »

lonelymom wrote:
Ajarn Philip wrote: Sorry, Barnes Mum, but you started this thread...
And I'm sure posts like that make her extremely grateful she works in a girl's house! :lol:
HMMMM!!! :lol:
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

Matrons were our rare contact with the fairer sex in the days of the Boy's School. Certainly our "adpotive mother" home from home and if perchance as was Philip's case there was an "English Rose", then I imagine the libidos may have been running high in Maine.

More often than not their nature was "authority"...it was matron after all who did bed inspection when one was at breakfast and how bad it was to return and find one's bed to be redone. But there was respect for Matron and still is no doubt and for sure if there was a tear to shed or a shoulder to lean on, Matron was there.

So for our libidos we were left more with master's wives and eventually their daughters!!! Everybody remembers taff Williams wife Judith (already mentioned on Forum and approved by R Ruck!)...even one HM secretary got a look at by some of the grecians above me in the 80s.....

House Discos did very little to abate the daily need to see females and the bokkers at Dining hall were really scary!

Ah souvenir souvenir....
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

Lonelymom --- could it be, that Philip is your favourite "Poster" because he is about 8000miles away, and no danger of gossip ? :lol:
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Nooo, it's because he's a very nice man, a very very nice man, a very very very nice man :D :wink:

But you have just reminded me - postwarblue and JR haven't told us their gossip! Can you tell us? Please?
lonelymom :rolleyes:
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Regarding what, exactly :?:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

J.R. wrote:Regarding what, exactly :?:
I think this J.R

"This one was very different from your description. She was a slightly smaller version of Sophia Loren, and boy, did she knew it !"
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

J.R. wrote:I only remember one such incident during my days - And it WASN'T a Coleridge Mon !
No, it was this. What exactly was the 'incident'? :D And who did it involve?
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

I would advise JR, either to avoid the liability of Libel (This being a publication) or alternatively to consult Max Clifford -- and make a fortune out of the Story !
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS wrote:I would advise JR, either to avoid the liability of Libel (This being a publication) or alternatively to consult Max Clifford -- and make a fortune out of the Story !
:lol: :lol:
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

As the young Essex blonde teenage girl said, after requesting the most drastic form of birth-ontrol................

"My lips are sealed !!"
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

J.R. wrote:As the young Essex blonde teenage girl said, after requesting the most drastic form of birth-ontrol................

"My lips are sealed !!"
And was this young Essex blonde tenage girl involved in the scandal? :lol:
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

lonelymom wrote:
J.R. wrote:As the young Essex blonde teenage girl said, after requesting the most drastic form of birth-ontrol................

"My lips are sealed !!"
And was this young Essex blonde tenage girl involved in the scandal? :lol:
NOPE - Definitely European and of Latin extraction.
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

I saw in newsletter that my matron in Peele B, Jane Wyllie, sadly passed away. RIP
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
blunzn
2nd Former

Post by blunzn »

in BaA "elly" van alphen was my matron... an unbelievably formidable wasp of a woman... tho once i got sick, and she holed me up in her sitting room for two days, plying me with large quantities of honey on toast, and letting me watch television, and being unbelievably sweet... was always funny, discovering the "human" side of people... there was always a rumour, that v.A was an auschwitz survivour... i have a funny feeling, it may have been true...
remember littlefield, my housemaster once just holding me in his arms as i homesicked and cried... very touching, in that one thought he was related to the dinosaurs (after extinction)
jane wylie was my matron in PeA... she was down to earth, human, and yes, would have made a great prop forward.
We also had a very pretty au pair in Ba... van haagh or something?... `nuff said...
i remember the sophia loren lookalike in the dining hall... awesomely coquette....
do we not remember the nurses in the sicker?... another source of sweet phantasies...*sigh*... i was plagued by ear infections, spent at least two weeks of every term in the sicker... remember the day room, with enormous billiard tisch, punch yearbooks from anno dot, and picture of handel anyone?
tisch=table... sorry, im austrianized...
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

I don't remember anyone, other than the Sister in the Sicker, about whom I had fantasies ----
but then, in my day it was very definitely lacking in any sort of "Talent" :(