Old Blues' Day : Who's going?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Re: Old Blues' Day : Who's going?

Post by englishangel »

I will be at the St Lawrence Ground in Canterbury watching Yorkshire pound Kent at cricket (in my husband's dreams) or shopping with my daughter in the same city, depending on the weather.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I'm still hoping to get down for a while.

It's all depending on 'footy' and daughters transportation.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

SSSHHH ! not a word about Yorkshire "Pounding" Kent ----- or all plans will be void and we shall be headed for Canterbury !!!

TBA came to Dorset as a 15yo and now, at 70, when asked where she comes from --- answers YORKSHIRE !! :oops:
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

Hi all - haven't been on here for yonks. Will be going down to Horsham for O.B.s day, for the first time - taking Aged Mother with me.
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

I don't want to go this year.

Look at NEILL's last "Jokes Please" entry. (I don't mind taking part in things which I don't expect to win.) I'd be branded "a loser". It would be too depressing.
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Angela Woodford wrote:I don't want to go this year.

Look at NEILL's last "Jokes Please" entry. (I don't mind taking part in things which I don't expect to win.) I'd be branded "a loser". It would be too depressing.
A loser at what?
And who would be the accuser?
My son once told me that he thought people didn't go to this type of reunion because they would feel less successful than those who had gone. He may be correct but I think most go to catch up with friends, mull over how things ain't what they were and have a cup of tea.
Maybe you don't have to go to Old Blues Day to do that, but it's a start.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

Oh Angela :( Neill is just one of dozens of OBs who might be going. And he's entitled to his opinions, even if some of us wouldn't share them!

I would go myself, only I have something else on that day. If there are other Hertford OGs going, you should really consider it!

Which reminds me, I thought CHOBA were supposed to be doing something to mark the 25th anniversary of Hertford closing, but I haven't heard anything. John/Julian/anyone, are you aware of any plans? Otherwise, how about a bunch of us OGs get together in London in the summer for lunch or dinner or something?
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Jo wrote: Which reminds me, I thought CHOBA were supposed to be doing something to mark the 25th anniversary of Hertford closing, but I haven't heard anything. John/Julian/anyone, are you aware of any plans? Otherwise, how about a bunch of us OGs get together in London in the summer for lunch or dinner or something?
I would have to check but believe that Founder's Day this year is being held at CH to commemorate the anniversary.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Jo wrote:

Oh Angela :( Neill is just one of dozens of OBs who might be going. And he's entitled to his opinions, even if some of us wouldn't share them!

I would go myself, only I have something else on that day. If there are other Hertford OGs going, you should really consider it!

Which reminds me, I thought CHOBA were supposed to be doing something to mark the 25th anniversary of Hertford closing, but I haven't heard anything. John/Julian/anyone, are you aware of any plans? Otherwise, how about a bunch of us OGs get together in London in the summer for lunch or dinner or something?
I'm in
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

a) Yes, I understand that Founder's Day is being celebrated at Horsham this year.
b) I was due to go to Old Blues' Day and today received my tickets (lunch and tea). But given other eventualities, a work commitment in Chichester that evening, and my increased disability and the need for me to use an electric buggy to get around at CH (and the fact that from the list so far I will know not many others who are attending), I am now 90% certain that I will not actually be going. If I don't get there, I would be happy to donate my lunch and tea tickets to another, who may be more worthy than I. Please let me know.....
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

Catching up with recent Posts ----- you may all be relieved to know that I shall NOT be at the OBs Day.
We have a big Family Re-union in Selborne on that day, (Which I cannot avoid !) :oops:

I do intend (DV) being at the Founder's Day Dinner, with my Grandson No.1 (now 21) :D
MKM
Grecian

Post by MKM »

I won't be at Old Blue's day either, but like the idea of a meeting to remember* the closing of the Hertford school. If that's too far, Angela and I could revive our plan to meet at John Lewis at Cribb's Causeway (near Bristol) for coffee. We could look round the habadashery department and complain loudly that it's not a patch on Gravesons.

*because it's too late at night to spell commemerate.
Mary
CH 1965-1972
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

I'd like that, Mary!

Some time soon HE is going to Bristol for a crucial model railway exhibition. I could jump out at Cribb's Causeway!

I was suddenly visited by a memory of the interdepartmental carpets in Gravesons being held together by grey sticky tape. JL? Prrf! Escalators, smooth smart carpet and glossy floortiles - not a patch ( :roll: ) on Gravesons.

Will check the red-hot glowing model railway schedule!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

Shame that your not going, Angela - I was looking forward to putting in the groundwork for the subversion tactics!
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

J.R. wrote:I'm still hoping to get down for a while.

It's all depending on 'footy' and daughters transportation.

Sadly, it's definitely a 'non-starter' for me now.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.