Worst drunken experience at CH

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Hendrik, he was not clueless, he just pretended to be...

An example of this was on my GE...

After our GCSE's, Tim Postlethwaite, Andrew Friend and Olly Morton went to France for a couple of days and bought back untold amounts of alcohol... Most of it was stashed in an old sofa in our front study of Maine A and was drunk throughout the remaining few weeks of term.. we were never caught...

On our last day, he came up to us and told us he'd known all about it and he used to dip into our alochol supplies after we had gone to bed!!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
stoice
2nd Former

Post by stoice »

I think that my best drunken experience was when Rachel, Jess and I had all cycled to Southwater to stock up on Vodka and Barcadi, later on that night after drinking most of the supplies we were found in the toilets of THorn B, - god knows how we ended up there - and were promptly sent back to Ba B, we made our way back only to find that Miss S had been telephoned about our state when we were first found and that she had been waiting for us for an hour!!! Answers on a postcard as to how it took us that long to get down the back asphalt!! We then spent the rest of the night sobering up telling Miss S that we weren't drunk and that someone must'v spiked our coke cans!! - How niaive we were! :D
Stoice
Ba B 92-99
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

What year were you on then Stace?
stoice
2nd Former

Post by stoice »

UF or GE I think!!
Stoice
Ba B 92-99
Laura M
Deputy Grecian

Post by Laura M »

My worst drinking experience also happend to teach me a very valuable lesson, never play drinking games over the internet with Champagne!!!!! :oops:
Two men lying in a bed, one rolled over to the other and said, 'I'm gonna lead me a life of danger, I'm gonna marry a WESSEX RANGER!'
BaA 97-03 GrW 03-04
Andy Friend
3rd Former

Post by Andy Friend »

I am ashamed to admit (not), that I have many drunken experiences at CH. My particular favourite which I have recently recounted to a friend was on the night of the rock concert on the UF.

It started with twelve cans of Heineken. I was removed from the sports centre by Mr Poulton and then proceded to throw up all over Mr Kemp's shoes and the day room carpet. I berated Dr Stuart because he refused to give me a choc ice. My old man was less than amused with the letter RWS sent him!

Other than that, Great Plum is right; the France trip was legendary!
Slugs
2nd Former

Post by Slugs »

Heh heh - I drank a bottle of Bacardi, then spent the entire evening relieving myself of guts in the bogs. Spotted by Mason, Red Card. Nice. Cheers!
[Moderated for language- even if you spell it ****] (Yes, it'll still be moderated if you put stars in-between the letters! We would like the school to have access to this site - and offensive language won't help! Mod)
Last edited by Slugs on Thu May 05, 2005 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Given the school have currently filtered the CH Forum, due to some dubious content which has now been removed (regarding justifying bullying as being OK), what do people feel about this topic?
If parents were to read it, will it give a good impression of Christ's Hospital?
As I'm working at the moment to have the filter lifted, I'm proposing that this topic be removed - it would be something that the school could easily and quite rightly object to in my view - any major objections from anyone?

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

There hasn't been any "misrepresentation, insinuation or falsehood", it's just innocent recollections.
The school rules are clearly printed in the back of the calendar, if pupils choose to break them, (usually just to see if they get away with it) then thats up to them.
Most of the 'drunken experiences' end up with those involved getting a punishment anyway! Most parents know it's going to happen, but they will probably be relieved to see that rules are being enforced to the same degree or more than they would be at 'home'.
Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

To be fair Julian, it's not like it's enitcing the kids to have a drink at the school - they know the stories like us...

Why the school have filtered this is beyond me...
Slugs
2nd Former

Post by Slugs »

Filtering stuff like this is just another form of censorship. I wonder what would happen if someone started a unoffical forum on the unacceptable face of CH that someone is obviously trying to hide....
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I guess the concern could be that the discussions on here could deem it to be acceptable? Whilst we all did it, and all know it happens, like anything if it talked about as almost acceptable, then people deem it as OK?
I'd hate for a kid to be caught drunk, then quote that "well everyone on the CH forum has done it" as an excuse!

I'm not 100% clear at this point on the main issues regarding filtering the site, however I'm keen to ensure that content is appropriate, but without compromising the main aims of the site (i.e. I don't propose that criticism of the school should be filtered, provided is questioning and constructive, not just "slagging off" the school...)

It's a fine line to tread...
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

i support punishment if you get caught.
but school's also a place for learning how not to get caught!
'rules are made to be broken'...
Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02
Slugs
2nd Former

Post by Slugs »

To quote Eric Schrody,

"It ain't a crime if you don't get caught, thats how it is homie, like it or not."
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

jtaylor wrote:Given the school have currently filtered the CH Forum, due to some dubious content which has now been removed (regarding justifying bullying as being OK), what do people feel about this topic?
If parents were to read it, will it give a good impression of Christ's Hospital?
As I'm working at the moment to have the filter lifted, I'm proposing that this topic be removed - it would be something that the school could easily and quite rightly object to in my view - any major objections from anyone?

J
Yes, sorry but I do object. Freedom of speech, and all that.

If everything that anyone could possibly object to starts to be removed we won't have much on here apart from the "ooh what a lovely quadrangle" sort of post.

I didn't realise this forum was here to "give a good impression of Christ's Hospital".

I thought we were all here to talk about our experiences (covering all generations), and because we have an ongoing interest in continuing success of CH.

I'm sure that very few prospective parents would be so naive as to imagine that some pupils don't have a tipple every now and again. I would have thought that the discussions about the activities of the Council of Almoners would have given more cause for concern.

The various threads have discussed homosexuality, suicides, financial mis-management, scrotum-polishing et al. If we can only discuss matters that would be deemed acceptable by parents for a 12-year old to read, then I would suggest people will soon start to drift away.

Right, lunchtime. Time for a quick drink.....
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?