Lunch parade times

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

pompeydunc
2nd Former

Lunch parade times

Post by pompeydunc »

I'm going to be in the vicinity of CH this week. I'm thinking of dropping in briefly. What time is band parade these days, and what days are the full / smaller versions?

Duncan
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Re: Lunch parade times

Post by jhopgood »

Best check in with the CHOBA office first. You can't just "drop in" these days.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
dsmg
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by dsmg »

Play up Pompey, Dunc
Play up Pompey!
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Post by Barnes Mum »

pompeydunc wrote:I'm going to be in the vicinity of CH this week. I'm thinking of dropping in briefly. What time is band parade these days, and what days are the full / smaller versions?

Duncan
Weekday band parades are at 1.15 and on a Saturday it is 12.45. The bugle band normally plays on a Tuesday and Thursday, I think, and the main band on the other days. Best to ring the school office and let somebody know you are coming, so they can pass on your details to security. Enjoy! :D
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Barnes Mum wrote:
pompeydunc wrote:I'm going to be in the vicinity of CH this week. I'm thinking of dropping in briefly. What time is band parade these days, and what days are the full / smaller versions?

Duncan
Weekday band parades are at 1.15 and on a Saturday it is 12.45. The bugle band normally plays on a Tuesday and Thursday, I think, and the main band on the other days. Best to ring the school office and let somebody know you are coming, so they can pass on your details to security. Enjoy! :D

As an EX Senior bugler, I'm told the bugle band don't use bugles anymore, but cornets, etc. Completely different sound, IMHO !!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

J.R. wrote:
Barnes Mum wrote:

Duncan

As an EX Senior bugler, I'm told the bugle band don't use bugles anymore, but cornets, etc. Completely different sound, IMHO !!
Must confess, I didn't really pay much attention the last time I heard them, but it appeared to be a junior version of the main band. Certainly not the old Bunglers Band.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
onewestguncopse
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by onewestguncopse »

Can anyone tell me when the first band parade took place and what possessed the school to introduce it? I am thinking about doing a feature in the Blue about CH traditions and their origins. If anyone out there would like to help in its construction, do let me know.

Thanks
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

onewestguncopse wrote:Can anyone tell me when the first band parade took place and what possessed the school to introduce it? I am thinking about doing a feature in the Blue about CH traditions and their origins. If anyone out there would like to help in its construction, do let me know.

Thanks
I have photos from a book about CH in London, and it was certainly playing pupils into lunch then.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
pompeydunc
2nd Former

Post by pompeydunc »

dsmg wrote:Play up Pompey, Dunc
Couldn't agree more. We own our own club!