Hello

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

CHblogspot
2nd Former

Hello

Post by CHblogspot »

Hello everyone i am new to the site and would like to inform you of the fact that you are celebrating and discussing a hell-hole- i was bullied so badly at CH that after attempting suicide my parents pulled me out of the school - not least after discovering that i had brought attention to the bullying numerous times with no response
fra828
Grecian

Re: Hello

Post by fra828 »

What era were you at CH? Am presuming you were at Horsham not Hertford. Sorry have just seen your previous posts, just read your blog from 2011; you aren't very new to the site, but your experiences at early 21st century CH are very shocking and am wondering why no staff or sympathetic pupils actually witnessed what was happening.
CHblogspot
2nd Former

Post by CHblogspot »

I attended just after 2000 and left just prior to Peter Southern leaving as Headmaster
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

One of the big problems for a bully's victim (and it was doubly so at CH where pupils were normally out of sight of an adult) is the sure knowledge that "accidents" can happen, perhaps in the dormitory, if any report is made.
Equally, for staff, if they take action then the bully's mates might just take it upon themselves to create an "accident" to the victim. I, for one, got a rugby boot in the head on one occasion (sadly an hour after I heard I had become an orphan again) even though I had not confirmed the name of the person who sent me to the sicker.

Running away was not uncommon, CHBlogspot's solution somewhat rarer though another but successful case has been aired on this forum.

CHBlogspot; just live with it. You WILL get bullied in outside life, by people who are far better at doing psychological damage.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Haven't we been here before?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3977&p=121502#p121502

I don't wish to trivialise the effects of bullying at all. As I said on the original thread I was a victim too at times and it undoubtedly leaves its scars but I do find it strange that a blogger, with a blog containing just one meaningful post, from more than two years ago makes a sudden reappearance.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by SAS »

Likewise; most odd.
time please
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by time please »

Have to agree it was a hell hole.
With masters who nowadays would be locked up ( apart from one or two who were actually human) and a headmaster who could have starred in " Silence of the Lambs".
hated the place and have not forgiven my parents for sending me there. CH 1968-74.
Ever Bluer
3rd Former

Post by Ever Bluer »

time please wrote:...a headmaster who could have starred in " Silence of the Lambs".
True. DHN seemed to take a savage delight in ripping children to shreds. He did it to me and I haven't recovered.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Can I remind posters about the Terms of Use
http://chforum.info/php/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2849
Particularly relating to defamation of individuals and/or bringing the reputation of CH into disrepute.

Thanks.

Julian
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
time please
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by time please »

jtaylor wrote:Can I remind posters about the Terms of Use
Particularly relating to defamation of individuals and/or bringing the reputation of CH into disrepute.

Thanks.

Julian
Just saying it as it was!
Avon
Deputy Grecian

Post by Avon »

jtaylor wrote:...bringing the reputation of CH into disrepute.
Isn't it doing a good enough job of that itself?
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

time please wrote:
jtaylor wrote:Can I remind posters about the Terms of Use

Thanks.

Julian
Just saying it as it was!

...and, sadly (I have it on good authority), still is. Sorry but hiding unpleasant truths does no good to anyone. I know of at least one recent victim who's had to be removed. If this means I'll be banned from this Forum, so be it.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Every school has it's isolated problems. I guess boarding isn't for everyone too.

The active positive Old Blue community demonstrates the positive affection felt by the vast majority.

I set up this forum for positive Old Blue, Blue (and more recently parental) interaction, to foster the positive future of the school......I am keen this focus is continued.

I don't like/want to ban anyone, and hence my request above.
If you have concerns over the approach of the school to its pupils, or the ethos it is fostering, please do take this up directly with the school, or elsewhere - but not here.
It gets too emotional, and will always be a one-sided conversation, with no right or ability to reply either from the school or those involved.

So I'm locking this topic for the moment.

Julian
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.