Back numbers of CH Publications held in Museum

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Kit Bartlett
Deputy Grecian

Back numbers of CH Publications held in Museum

Post by Kit Bartlett »

Herewith information from Mike Barford which may be of interest.

My recollection is that we were unable to obtain direct confirmation that the unframed Grecians photographs which we found in the museum when we started volunteering there are those which used to be on display in frames, but that we have assumed that they are the same ones.

There is no question that in the past items of CH heritage value have unfortunately been disposed of, but my belief is that items of potential historical importance to CH are now generally referred to the museum team before being disposed of, and the Head Master has certainly issued instructions to that effect.

It never ceases to amaze me how many generally accepted CH “facts” turn out not to be accurate when researched, including statements in standard CH histories, and Clifford is in the process of debunking some generally accepted 17th facts from his painstaking reading of 17th century CH minutes. As the author of the other Heritage Series booklets which complement Clifford’s booklets, I can testify to the efforts which we have both made to ensure that what we have written is as reliable as surviving information permits, and I know that Ken has left behind nothing except overturned stones in his quest for accuracy in his masterpiece.

I endorse what Clifford says, including our willingness to try to answer questions of CH heritage where these have defeated forum members. Any answers which I give to questions which are dealt with in the Heritage Series of booklets are likely to comprise a reference to the relevant booklet and page numbers, which will irritate those without the booklets, so the obvious solution is for all your forum members to be proud owners of the Heritage Series of booklets! If any of your forum members wish to extend their CH libraries or other collections of CH memorabilia, we would be delighted as CH memorabilia which is surplus to the museum’s needs is arriving faster than it leaves, and all proceeds from sales support our efforts in the museum, which receives only a very small allowance from CH.

As with Clifford, please feel free to post this email if you think it may be of interest.

Regards

Mike
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Back numbers of CH Publications held in Museum

Post by J.R. »

Hi Kit.

As your post appears to have been accepted by the server twice, I have taken the liberty of deleting the 2nd one.

John R.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.