old blues days

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Angela Pratt
GE (Great Erasmus)

old blues days

Post by Angela Pratt »

Fascinating going to 50 years reunion at Horsham on Saturday. Lovely to meet 4 girls I was at Hertford with, especially Jan Beall also ward 8. (though far more Horsham men than us!) Trouble was with our vintage memories and no maiden names or wards on our name tags it was difficult to sort out who were old blues and who were accompanying husbands and wives! With 4 brothers once at Horsham it was interesting to tour round and talk to the men about their lives at Horsham compared to ours at Hertford. Staff, headteacher and chaplain all were nice and interesting. Our chapel service singing brought back memories too. the dinner was delicious though very different from Hertford food. I sat next to the Senior Grecian a lovely girl called Flo, who told us lots about the modern life there.
Katharine
Button Grecian

Re: old blues days

Post by Katharine »

Great to hear that, Angela. It will be my turn in two years, perhaps you could suggest maiden names and Wards/Houses on name tags, if they ask for feedback.

I recently realised it was 50 years since I did O levels. I remember days after the exams sitting on this school field writing a long, long letter to the Beatles! It was on a roll of paper (wallpaper?). We did get a personal reply, they were delighted to be compared to Barnes Wallis as 'good eggs'. What did we write? Where is their reply? How much would that be worth now? Sadly I can't answer any of those.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
Angela Pratt
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: old blues days

Post by Angela Pratt »

Yes we did suggest it to them and they said it had been a problem with new computer setup, but would get it reorganized for other old blues days. So goodluck in 2 years time, would be so much easier for your memories.....