F.R. le P. Warner Mid B 47-54

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Kit Bartlett
Deputy Grecian

F.R. le P. Warner Mid B 47-54

Post by Kit Bartlett »

There was an article about the above named in the "Mail on Sunday" magazine section yesterday.
Francis Warner has written the words to the War Requiem by the organist David Goode which is to be performed at St, Paul's Cathedral for the first time on 26th. September.
The article mentions that Warner left C.H. at the age of sixteen and that Ralph Vaughan Williams, the famous composer, who lived quite near the school at Leith Hill, used to help the pupils there with their composition. I recall that the composer once visited the school when I was there but had never heard that he did so on a regular basis. He died in 1958.
Has anyone any further knowledge about this?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: F.R. le P. Warner Mid B 47-54

Post by J.R. »

Hi Kit.

Somehow, your post entered three times, identically. I have deleted two of them.

Interestingly enough, R.V.W., as you said, lived at Leith Hill Place near my home town of Dorking, and his old house has just been opened to the public on certain days.

My wife, Jan, was a choristor in her younger days, and performed in the Leith Hill Music Festival under R.V.Williams's direction !

There is a fairly new statue of him standing outside Dorking Halls.

http://images.uk.ask.com/fr?q=Dorking+H ... %253D0&qt=

Scroll down
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.