New girl- advice?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

magpietillidie
2nd Former

New girl- advice?

Post by magpietillidie »

Hi,
I'm a girl currently in year 9 in a state school in south Manchester. I'm hoping to attend Christ's Hospital at 16+ and will be (hopefully) applying to Oxbridge. Could any current parents/pupils give me an inside view?
Specifically: What type of room is offered to a Dep? I know it's study bedrooms in Grecians.
Is it hard/easy to become a school monitor? Do you have to have attended CH from 11 to become one?
What standard is a typical band drummer at?
What sort of questions should I ask the pupils at the open day?
What is the general atmosphere of the school?
Does each house have its own atmosphere?

And any other advice.
Thank you!
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Re: New girl- advice?

Post by Mid A 15 »

magpietillidie wrote:Hi,
I'm a girl currently in year 9 in a state school in south Manchester. I'm hoping to attend Christ's Hospital at 16+ and will be (hopefully) applying to Oxbridge. Could any current parents/pupils give me an inside view?
Specifically: What type of room is offered to a Dep? I know it's study bedrooms in Grecians.
Is it hard/easy to become a school monitor? Do you have to have attended CH from 11 to become one?
What standard is a typical band drummer at?
What sort of questions should I ask the pupils at the open day?
What is the general atmosphere of the school?
Does each house have its own atmosphere?

And any other advice.
Thank you!
Welcome to the Forum!

As an Old Blue who left in 1972 I cannot offer direct assistance myself I'm afraid. You might find it useful to copy and paste your post and place it in the Parents' section of the Forum too.

Off topic does Magpietillidie refer to Newcastle United, Notts County or a completely different entity?
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
magpietillidie
2nd Former

Re: New girl- advice?

Post by magpietillidie »

Thank you for the advice! I'll do so now. And yes, my dad's a geordie and brought me up so- but I privately harbour a passion for City as well.