Congratulations Ajarn Philip

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Congratulations Ajarn Philip

Post by Mid A 15 »

Had a quick scan of my copy of the Old Blue, which arrived this morning, and noticed an announcement that Phil and Mrs Phil are expecting a new arrival!

Congratulations Phil on the off chance that you do still read the forum occasionally.

It would be good to hear from you if you do.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Congratulations Ajarn Philip

Post by J.R. »

Congratulations from me also !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

Yes! We need news!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Well, it's been a while, but I'm back. Thanks for the kind thoughts. Those of you that use the dreaded Facebook know the score, though I don't use that very often either!

Remember letters? You know, real correspondence - pen, paper, postage stamps, licking envelopes, that sort of thing. I was crap at that too! :lol:

All's well here. The university seem to be trying to make life a tad more difficult these days for us foreign teachers, but after 8 years it'll have to get a sight worse before it becomes more trouble than it's worth. Fings definitely ain't wot they used to be though. Still translating, which provides a tidy extra income (particularly handy at the moment!) and keeps my little grey cells functioning.

The baby is due some time in early July, so watch this space. Has it got any easier to add a photo on here?

Oh and by the way, we're fruit farmers now! We've bought a couple of rai of fruit trees from a friend who needed to raise some cash quick. Mostly durian, but a few others too (though I have no idea what they're called in English!). This is very much Bee's project, and she pops down there once a month for a couple of days. I stay home with Lucy the black lab, chained to the computer (me, not Lucy...).

Very best to all. Feel free to befriend me on FB if you wish.

Phil