ROLL OF HONOUR

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Foureyes
Grecian

ROLL OF HONOUR

Post by Foureyes »

I am updating the Housey Roll of Honour and would be grateful to know whether anyone knows of any Old Blues who have died in the many small wars, peace-keepoing ops, counter-insurgency ops, etc, etc, since 31 December 1947. The only two I know of are:
1.Leslie Digby FOXTON,, aged 22, who died in the Korean War on 6 October 1951. I have no details of how or where he was killed.
2. Geoffrey Roy URQUHART-PULLEN, aged 26, who died during the Suez War on 6 November 1956.He was the navigator/photographer aboard an RAF Canberra, conducting a clandestine recce over Syria. They were attacked by Syrian interceptors (flying British-supplied Gloster Meteor NF11s!). The pilot and copilot escaped and parachuted safely, but U-P was killed, nobody seems quite sure how.
If anyone knows of any others (or has any further details on Foxton) please let me know. Even just a name would get me started. From the numbers of Old Blues known to have served since 1947 it seems reasonable to guess that there might have been one or two more deaths.
Please post any answers here so that others may be able to add more info.
Thanks,
David :shock:
postwarblue
Deputy Grecian

Re: ROLL OF HONOUR

Post by postwarblue »

10th February 1964, the Australian destroyer HMAS Voyager was sunk in collision with the Australian aircraft carrier HMAS Melbourne. An Old Blue, Lt David Hugh Massie Price RN, was on exchange to the RAN and was on Voyager's bridge at the time and was lost in the collision. His CH dates were approx. 1946-53.
'Oh blest retirement, friend to life's decline'