Helen Rose (Hertford 4s? approx 71-79)

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

LHB56LHA44
2nd Former

Helen Rose (Hertford 4s? approx 71-79)

Post by LHB56LHA44 »

I am sad to write that Helen Rose (married name Tilley) passed away on 4th January after a two year battle with cancer. She leaves behind her husband Ian and her three sons, two of whom are still in their teenage years.

Helen and I lived just a few yards apart in this part of London SE14, a fact only discovered from an old copy of Who's Blue I found around 3 years ago. We also discovered we both had children with the same disability, and we used to chat about CH when we used to watch our two boys at their joint swimming lessons.

Her husband Ian has asked me to put the details here in case any of her peers at Hertford remember her.

Her funeral is taking place at Peterborough Cathedral on Friday 20th January 2017 at 1pm, followed by her internment in Aldwincle and the wake at Wadenhoe. Please PM me for further details or phone 07903 097740.

If anyone could cut and paste this to the CH Ladies facebook site, that would be most kind.

Martyn Craddock
LHB/A 81-88
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Re: Helen Rose (Hertford 4s? approx 71-79)

Post by englishangel »

Martyn

Thank you for posting this. Another HOB noticed it and emailed me as she knows I am on the CH Ladies Facebook site. In fact Helen was on there too but it appears that no-one knew about her illness.
I have now posted it on there.

Mary Faulkner (Vincett 2s 65-72)
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Katharine
Button Grecian

Re: Helen Rose (Hertford 4s? approx 71-79)

Post by Katharine »

Thanks, Mary
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965