Did You Learn to Swear at CH? And Do You Still Eff It Today?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Oliver
3rd Former

Re: Did You Learn to Swear at CH? And Do You Still Eff It Today?

Post by Oliver »

Thanks for this informative posting. For those interested in Occitan there are films in that language; most recently a 2017 film with French subtitles. It is entitled, “Dins la votz dels segles” or in French, “Dans la voix des siècles.”
Straz
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Straz »

I'm afraid to say that my time at CH gave me a solid grounding in the F word, C word and numerous other words that the forum's profanity filter will do its damnedest to clean up.
Since then I have achieved a degree with honours in composite swearing. This is often heard to good effect when I'm driving in city traffic and another vehicle cuts me up. My composite swearing can be rather inventive - earth s**** a*** b****** being a particularly memorable example from some years back. :lol:
Paul Strange
Leigh Hunt A 1969-71
Peele A 71-75
scoverly
2nd Former

Post by scoverly »

The explanation went:
"Do you know what that word means?"
"No, sir"
"Well", (pause to suck on pipe), "it's when two people are playing around together and one of them takes his penis and puts it up the other's backside, and I never want to hear you use that word again".

michael scuffil wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:12 am I remember once, at a monitors' meeting, Pat Cullen telling us how he'd heard a junior say 'b****r you!' to someone, and he'd taken said junior aside and explained what it meant...