Morton Peto

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Morton Peto

Post by michael scuffil » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:37 am

I see from The Old Blue that Morton Peto has died, at what must have been a ripe old age. He was my first French teacher in 1955, and didn't strike me as being particularly young even then, and he was already a senior housemaster. I didn't have much to do with him after that, until I applied to leave the CCF, of which he was the head (reluctantly, I'm told, because no one else would take the job). He wasn't an intellectual heavyweight, but I liked him as far as I knew him.
Th.B. 27 1955-63

Avon
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Morton Peto

Post by Avon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:07 pm

I’m not sure we can discuss this. Even if Peto is de facto and legally dead, I think all sorts of due process probably needs to be concluded before we can start talking about it on an open forum. We should wait until the new Head writes an dull and platitudinous statement about the issue. It is however important that we establish a channel for those who may have been affected by his death in some way, but this needs to be in the hands of appropriately trained experts.

This thread should be locked.

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Re: Morton Peto

Post by jtaylor » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:14 pm

To quote Sir Humphrey, "Very droll...." Avon.

Julian
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
http://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.