how to appeal an Unduly Lenient Crown Court Sentence

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

LHA
Deputy Grecian

how to appeal an Unduly Lenient Crown Court Sentence

Post by LHA »

I thought people might be interested in this link, which contains the simple process (sending an email basically, although further details supporting your position can't hurt) which outlines how -- anyone --- can apply for a Crown Court sentence to be referred to the Attorney General's Office as being unduly lenient. I saw this on a facebook forum

https://www.gov.uk/ask-crown-court-sentence-review
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: how to appeal an Unduly Lenient Crown Court Sentence

Post by J.R. »

In view of the lenient sentence AND the fact of the previous conviction, thie may have been already passed back to the AG.

Of course, as this is the first conviction possibly of several, a plea bargain may well have been agreed.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

Not sure about the plea bargain JR.

He pleaded guilty to all the charges bar one.

What is more mystifying is that there is no trace on the internet of the 2015 conviction.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

J.R. wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:35 am In view of the lenient sentence AND the fact of the previous conviction, thie may have been already passed back to the AG.
The fact that it MIGHT have already been passed back should not inhibit another appeal to the AG. especially in the event that nobody else has requested a review.
Indeed if the AG receives a welter of such requests from people claiming to have been at the schpool when the offence(s) was(were) carried out that flurry may tip the balance towards it being returned to the Appeal Court for review.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

I was in the house Webb was in from 1971-74.

I don't think he interfered with me, but now I know his MO I really don't know. Thousands of others are in the same position.
Jim Rayner
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by Jim Rayner »

richardb wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:59 pm I was in the house Webb was in from 1971-74.

I don't think he interfered with me, but now I know his MO I really don't know. Thousands of others are in the same position.
I guess I’m in a similar position. I was in the house where he was a junior housemaster between 1967 and 1970. Although that is before the date of the offences for which he is now in prison it’s not unreasonable to think his perverted behaviour started earlier.

I shall sleep on it but will probably write to the AG.
LHA 67-70; ThA 70-74
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

As far as the plea bargain scenario is concerned, I'll wait until ALL the cases are completed before commenting further.

All this occured long after my departure from CH, and as I have said on another thread, I never had any evidence of staff/pupil abuse.

These sorts of abuse are dealt with more openly today, and not swept under the carpet.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.