Please be sensitive to those who may read these topics

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Please be sensitive to those who may read these topics

Post by jtaylor »

Given the very real sensitivity of the matters being discussed, I feel the need to remind contributors of the need to be sensitive and respectful regarding how abuse happens. I think that some of the recent comments in some of the topics regarding whether children should/would be able to recognise potential predators could make for difficult reading for people who had suffered abuse whilst at CH. The bottom line is that children cannot, and should not, be expected to spot potential predators. They are simply victims in all cases.

So can I ask all forum members to be especially sensitive at all times, particularly now, and to be aware that victims of abuse could be reading these posts and to bear this in mind. There may well be other out there reading this who experienced abuse at CH, and how we conduct ourselves here may impact whether they feel comfortable to come forward and disclose what happened.
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
dsmg
UF (Upper Fourth)

Re: Please be sensitive to those who may read these topics

Post by dsmg »

Well said, the children must ALWAYS be seen as victims.
Play up Pompey!
Janey Jam-Jar
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by Janey Jam-Jar »

Children are not responsible for abusive or neglectful things that happen to them. It is never their fault.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Janey Jam-Jar wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:37 pm Children are not responsible for abusive or neglectful things that happen to them. It is never their fault.

Thank you J-J-J !

I caught up with your past yesterday talking with people on my Hove trip, and I do know the position.

Children are NEVER responsible for abuse. They are prepared by other sick people.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.