Curious

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

richardb
Forum Moderator

Curious

Post by richardb »

Katharine
Button Grecian

Re: Curious

Post by Katharine »

I'm still not convinced that the good of the students is taking a higher priority than the once good name of the school.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

There seems to be a lot of denial about the full extent of what has gone on.

The business about Webb is very very strange. Can anyone cast any light on it?
Chrissie Boy
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Chrissie Boy »

After Webb was kicked out, did any of the staff keep in touch with him? As I remember it, all-round good bloke Chris Bomber-Nicholson was a close friend of his during his time at the school, so it'd be fascinating to know whether they remained friends after Webb's disgrace. In fact, it'd be fascinating to know precisely what Webb's life consisted of between then and now. Presumably Webb and Burr remained friends, unless of course they judged it wiser not to keep in touch for fear of being seen as associates, having both been sacked for the same reason.

After Webb was given the boot, it came to my ears that he'd been dismissed for exactly what he had indeed been dismissed for: fondling boys in the dormitory at night. And yet I had left the school years before he was booted out. So how can it be that I, an Old Blue, got to hear about the real reason for his dismissal in spite of the fact that the school itself was trying to cover the whole thing up? Most mysterious.
Last edited by Chrissie Boy on Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

I'd be curious to know if ITV approached CH for the interview or if CH approached ITV....
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

Chrissie Boy wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:38 am After Webb was kicked out, did any of the staff keep in touch with him? As I remember it, all-round good bloke Chris Bomber-Nicholson was a close friend of his during his time at the school, so it'd be fascinating to know whether they remained friends after Webb's disgrace. In fact, it'd be fascinating to know precisely what Webb's life consisted of between then and now. Presumably Webb and Burr remained friends, unless of course they judged it wiser not to keep in touch for fear of being seen as associates, having both been sacked for the same reason.

After Webb was given the boot, it came to my ears that he'd been dismissed for exactly what he had indeed been dismissed for: fondling boys in the dormitory at night. And yet I had left the school years before he was booted out. So how can it be that I, an Old Blue, got to hear about the real reason for his dismissal in spite of the fact that the school itself was trying to cover the whole thing up? Most mysterious.
I haven't been to the school for nearly 40 years and haven't kept in touch with anyone, but I too heard that Webb had been interfering with pupils. How on earth can that happen?
yamaha
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by yamaha »

That ITV report made me wonder about Webb's post CH career.
He would have been about 40 years old when he left and he remained at liberty for another 30+ years.
Did his references mention the "pressures" and "stresses" as the quoted CH letter to parents cynically euphemised his activities?
DazedandConfused
Deputy Grecian

Post by DazedandConfused »

Did Husband ever teach again post-CH?
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

DazedandConfused wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:06 pm Did Husband ever teach again post-CH?
No.
DazedandConfused
Deputy Grecian

Thank goodness.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

He left CH in 1994. Turned up at Pickering in 1998.

No one knows about the missing years.
DazedandConfused
Deputy Grecian

So we don’t know definitively that he didn’t teach?
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

The rumour was that he became a lorry driver. No idea if true or not.
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
DazedandConfused
Deputy Grecian

marty wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:15 pm The rumour was that he became a lorry driver. No idea if true or not.
I’d forgotten about that, but I do remember hearing that rumour.
bakunin
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by bakunin »

I thought the rumour was that he was a postman or delivered packages or something