The hearing

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

richardb
Forum Moderator

Re: The hearing

Post by richardb »

Mid A 15 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:00 pm
Jim Rayner wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:35 pm According to Sussex Police he is now 68 https://www.sussex.police.uk/news/forme ... nst-pupil/
From reading Jim's link above some of that "17 years" is to be served concurrently.

The 'real' sentence is 12 1/2 years from what I can see. What I don't know is whether or not the concurrent element affects potential release dates. 12 1/2 years on its own would mean a normal release date after 6 years 3 months (50% of the sentence. Maybe the effect of the concurrent element is to increase the normal release date to 8 years 6 months?

Anybody (Richard B?) know for sure?
The total sentence was 17 years. He will serve 8 years and 6 months. The good news is he has now served eight days.
DazedandConfused
Deputy Grecian

Post by DazedandConfused »

Chrissie Boy wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:57 pm
Let's not forget that his sons are OBs and may well be members of this web community. They must be feeling pretty devastated today, so let's spare them a thought on that score.
His daughter is an OB too. I have immense sympathy for them, not only did they witness the public departure of their father from school for an affair with a pupil their own age (younger than his daughter at the time, if I recall rightly) , they now have to endure his arrest, his trial and the media coverage. I see his children as victims of his crimes also, although clearly in a very different sense.
yamaha
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by yamaha »

It sounds as though the first Mrs. Husband sacked him too.
If he remarried -had a second family?- they are probably yet more collateral damage not only of his crimes but of the cover up. Were the above mentioned supporters in court his family, first or second?
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

His oldest daughter was there.

I would say it is a daughter by a second marriage too.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Yes - I was there with Richard.

There were definitely members of the accused family in court for sentencing, plus possibly a member of ex staff and or pupil, old or present of CH who obviously did not want to be readily identified by me though whom I have definitely encountered before.

I have no problem with that at all. That is his right.

Richard will probably up-date you later from his extensive notes taken today, in the near future.

All I am saying for the time being, is that in my opinion, there were glaring discrepancies in summing up notes from all sides to what we believe to be the truth.

So lets please lets be very careful yet again on posts on this subject on here. I'm sure there is more to come.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
DazedandConfused
Deputy Grecian

richardb wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:10 pm His oldest daughter was there.

I would say it is a daughter by a second marriage too.
Do you mean you think he went on to have another child post-CH? His eldest child is a girl.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

His eldest was there.

Looks like he may have a second family.
DazedandConfused
Deputy Grecian

richardb wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:33 pm His eldest was there.

Looks like he may have a second family.
Those poor women.
yamaha
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by yamaha »

Those poor women.
Indeed. Perhaps Paulton, Cairncross et al will care to reflect also on their part in destroying his second family's lives.