Masterplan - forces Foundation Hymn lyric change

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

spiderlegs
3rd Former

Masterplan - forces Foundation Hymn lyric change

Post by spiderlegs »

Remember that slightly stomach-turning hymn all about the idyllic location of CH, ‘Ring’d with down and woodland fair’?
Despite their promises not to, the Council of Almoners has (once again) expressed their desire to have school land made available for development. If they finally succeed in their aim to build over large parts of the countryside bordering the school, could I suggest the line be changed to –
‘Ring’d with estate and streetlight glare’?

PS Just about everyone in West Sussex appears to think the plan is atrocious. In fact, could the few people in favour of it be those individuals with ‘affiliations’ to the construction companies set to make piles of cash when the contracts are ‘awarded’?
Who could these people be? Mmmm – a little more on this can be found in the entry ‘Masterplan – how are the building contracts awarded?’
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I don't even think Horsham District Council wants the houses there!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
spiderlegs
3rd Former

Post by spiderlegs »

It's weird isn't it? When facing the possibility of a huge estate being built on their doorstep, most people take the 'NIMBY' aproach, and start discussing better use of brown-field sites, redevelopment of unused spaces within existing towns or questioning the whole ethos of encouraging investment which necessitates yet more people moving to the south east.
The Council of Almoners? Their unique approach merits a slightly different acronym.
PIMBY - Please In My Back Yard.
Peele A 28
2nd Former

Alternative lyric...

Post by Peele A 28 »

"Ringed with Chav and ASBO fair"