Returned mail

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

richardb
Forum Moderator

Returned mail

Post by richardb »

Had an email from the school today telling me that they had had some mail returned as they do not have an up to date address for me.

I was asked if I want to be keep informed about what is happening at the school. You bet I do!!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Returned mail

Post by J.R. »

Possibly that speaks volumes, Richard.

Maybe you should suggest that THEY ask YOU what is going on !

:roll: :lol: 8)
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

I am afraid I don't know what goes on JR.

But I know a hell of a lot about what DID go on!
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

richardb wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:37 pm I am afraid I don't know what goes on JR.

But I know a hell of a lot about what DID go on!
Perhaps I do.
I expect to receive at least one valid (and multiple spam) item per day, sometimes more. I had a period of three months with not a single item was delivered so several times I went to the sorting office to ask and they confirmed that my mail was being correctly delivered.
I posted a registered delivery letter to myself and that didn't arrive so I complained - "too bad it was delivered".
Eventually I collared the postman (who is very pleasant) and he confirmed "Yes, all your letters are being sent abroad"

It cost me about £300 to retreive the correspondence - a birthday present of membership of the National trust had been ripped open, the card and car sticker nicked and there was a card about the registered letter. By that time the local post office had destroyed it.

A complaint to the Post Office in the UK and they confirmed that they had made a mistake but too bad. Then to the Ombudsman; "they were within their terms of service" so get lost. I didn't even get one penny towards my expenses or the cost of the registered letter.

The thing that really annoys me is the Rail Authority. My local authority gives a subsidy against a senior citizens rail pass so I sent off for one with my payment. That never arrived so I reported the situation so they claim they sent a second one. That also never arrived so when I reported that the answer was that they will never again send any pass to this address. That means I will never ever in my lifetime get the Local Authority subsidy and so far as I am aware they never refunded toe payment I originally made.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

At risk of asking a stupid question, why was it sent abroad?
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

I expect to receive at least one valid (and multiple spam) item per day, sometimes more. I had a period of three months with not a single item was delivered so several times I went to the sorting office to ask and they confirmed that my mail was being correctly delivered.
I posted a registered delivery letter to myself and that didn't arrive so I complained - "too bad it was delivered".
Eventually I collared the postman (who is very pleasant) and he confirmed "Yes, all your letters are being sent abroad"

richardb wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:57 pm At risk of asking a stupid question, why was it sent abroad?

Sorry, Richard - I missed your post.
I used to live abroad in the summer and paid for mail forwarding up to the start of September because I would come back to the UK early in October. The period was about five months and thay even asked me in writing to confirm because the applicable payment period was six months; I confirmed the end date. Come the end of October I had been in the UK a month and not a single bit of paper so I went to the sorting office who swore blind that all my mail was being correctly delivered. A test recorded delivery letter to myself didn't arrive so another visit, same reply, a third visit and all the same. Eventually I caught the postman - see above. When I went to the sorting office I demanded to see the message they received and it took a long time to find it; only then did they agree that they had made a mistake and would IN FUTURE deliver my mail to the UK address. No apology and no compensation because I had not arranged for the sender to complain about non-receipt within the ? ten days allowed and I was too late to complain in proper form about the registered letter. I asked a couple of senders (where there was money involved) to make a formal complaint and they refused point-blank

Incidentally under their rules Royal Mail are not allowed to forward registered post and certain items which were forwarded - tuff sh1t

I did propose entering an item in the London Gazette stating that all mail being addressed to ................ should be considered as never delivered if it was the responsibility of Royal Mail or the Post Office, whether themselves or as agents for other companies to deliver it and that I would take no responsibility for anything that might result. (OK I did put the wording in lengthy legalese)
The London Gazette is the official organ for official and national announcements and the Royal Mail were far from amused (my cleaning up) by the idea!
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!