- Posts: 757
- Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:26 am
- Real Name: David
- Location: England
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 83 times
I suggest that we all owe a major debt of thanks to Julian, who founded this Forum way back when and has kept it going ever since. The Forum serves a multitude of purposes from individual reminiscences, through parents' chit-chat, to the current and very serious topic of abuse. In the latter case the Forum has enabled the subject to be discussed in a reasoned and constructive manner, although the line between what is and what is not acceptable must sometimes be a very fine one. If sometimes some participants get a bit crabby it never seems to last for long - and it would be rather dull otherwise.
All this must take up a lot of Julian's time and effort - not to say, patience - and to my knowledge he has never once complained nor has he tried to pass the responsibility to someone else.
So, many thanks, Julian, you have done us proud,
- These users thanked the author Foureyes for the post (total 14):
- J.R. (Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:57 am) • brian walling (Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:05 pm) • CodFlabAndMuck (Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:52 pm) • LHA (Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:07 pm) • Jim Rayner (Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:20 pm) • Katharine (Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:24 pm) • Mid A 15 (Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:01 pm) • Great Plum (Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:19 pm) • postwarblue (Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:05 pm) • jtaylor (Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:42 pm) and 4 more users
- Rating: 82.35%
- Forum Moderator
- Posts: 15360
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm
- Real Name: John Rutley
- Location: Dorking, Surrey
- Has thanked: 135 times
- Been thanked: 89 times
I tend to have a lot more time to spare, though with ageing, comes increasing health problems.
Us moderators try to do our best.
NO - We are NOT the Three Musketeers !!
- Rating: 11.76%
- GE (Great Erasmus)
- Posts: 131
- Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:55 pm
- Real Name: J Eabnvu
- Has thanked: 63 times
- Been thanked: 54 times
- Forum Administrator
- Posts: 1776
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:32 am
- Real Name: Julian Taylor
- Location: Wantage, OXON
- Has thanked: 48 times
- Been thanked: 211 times
I'd expected with the advent of MySpace, Facebook, Twitter etc. that it would have lost its purpose, but (sadly in may ways) it's taken on a whole new purpose in recent months, but one for which I'm pleased it's filled a significant gap.
Thanks for your kind words - yes, it takes up quite a bit of time, particularly more recently - but with the support of J.R. and RichardB it's made much easier, for which they deserve as much thanks as I do.
- Rating: 17.65%
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
http://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
- UF (Upper Fourth)
- Posts: 97
- Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:22 am
- Real Name: Manch
- Location: The westernmost lands
- Has thanked: 101 times
- Been thanked: 53 times
It's difficult to have any kind of meaningful discussion on the internet, but facebook is perhaps the worst, most manipulated and controlling medium of all, unless you're just sharing family photos.