THANK YOU, JULIAN

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Foureyes
Grecian

THANK YOU, JULIAN

Post by Foureyes »

Dear All,
I suggest that we all owe a major debt of thanks to Julian, who founded this Forum way back when and has kept it going ever since. The Forum serves a multitude of purposes from individual reminiscences, through parents' chit-chat, to the current and very serious topic of abuse. In the latter case the Forum has enabled the subject to be discussed in a reasoned and constructive manner, although the line between what is and what is not acceptable must sometimes be a very fine one. If sometimes some participants get a bit crabby it never seems to last for long - and it would be rather dull otherwise.
All this must take up a lot of Julian's time and effort - not to say, patience - and to my knowledge he has never once complained nor has he tried to pass the responsibility to someone else.
So, many thanks, Julian, you have done us proud,
David :shock:
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: THANK YOU, JULIAN

Post by J.R. »

..... and Julian, like Richard have their own businesses to manage.

I tend to have a lot more time to spare, though with ageing, comes increasing health problems.

Us moderators try to do our best.

NO - We are NOT the Three Musketeers !!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
CodFlabAndMuck
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by CodFlabAndMuck »

Credit to the moderators' integrity and sensitivity that victims have felt able to share personal information
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Thanks David. Never expected it to still be running, particularly 14 years later (two years before Facebook was open to everyone - and for some reason, I created my first user on here at 00:32 - must have had a few that night!)

I'd expected with the advent of MySpace, Facebook, Twitter etc. that it would have lost its purpose, but (sadly in may ways) it's taken on a whole new purpose in recent months, but one for which I'm pleased it's filled a significant gap.

Thanks for your kind words - yes, it takes up quite a bit of time, particularly more recently - but with the support of J.R. and RichardB it's made much easier, for which they deserve as much thanks as I do.

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
bakunin
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by bakunin »

Independent discussion forums that aren't controlled by some giant corporation are an important feature of the internet! Thank you for maintaining this forum.

It's difficult to have any kind of meaningful discussion on the internet, but facebook is perhaps the worst, most manipulated and controlling medium of all, unless you're just sharing family photos.