Carol Service 6 Dec tickets

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

puffinsplace
2nd Former

Carol Service 6 Dec tickets

Post by puffinsplace »

Hi, just wondering if any parents have any spare tickets for the Carol Service? Max 3 per family (tho I have 2 at CH). If I could get 2-3 more, aunties can come too. Thanks!
Golfer
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Carol Service 6 Dec tickets

Post by Golfer »

Oh this is hilarious. My most pressured ever job at CH was master i/c chapel seating - the climax of which was organising the Carol Service. Nowadays it will be a piece of cake by comparison as safeguarding and fire regulations will mean that tickets can only be issued for the seats available. In my time - before such regulations - I had the job of estimating how many would turn up as a percentage and then inviting a larger number. Obviosly all sorts of factors came into play - especially the weather. I used to feel a sense of pride if the last row of the gallery ever got used and the maximum number of people could enjoy this very special occasion. If my percentages were wrong - and parents were left outside the chapel - then it was probably a sackable offence!
Golfer
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Golfer »

Sorry Pauline. I'm in no way belittling your legitimate request. I used to get hundreds of these. And of course everyone wants to attend such a special service. It is just magical.
puffinsplace
2nd Former

Post by puffinsplace »

No worries! Am sure you have lots of memories of the event! I am just starting to make those memories :)