Hallo

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Hannoir
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hannoir »

I think I may know you from another message board.... :P
"All I need to be happy is a little house with a small yard, a white-picket fence, some trees in the yard, and some of my enemies hanging on the trees."

-Poet, Heinrich Heine

BA/GrE 00-02
kaaa
3rd Former

Post by kaaa »

I doubt it, Hannoir. I rarely use message boards because I have a bad internet connection. I got the link to this site from Julian on Friends Reunited - is that the one you mean?

What makes you think that you know me?
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

hello kara.

doesn't sound like leaving CH early affected you too badly!
:!:
kaaa
3rd Former

Post by kaaa »

:D

Hendrik, indeed. Personally I think it was one of the best decisions I ever made. The place was just not right for me. I didnt fit in. And it didnt help that from day one some little ginger haired bitch (no names, but I remember the cow very well....) spent the next five years making me a scapegoat. But life is all about karma.... she is a nurse in London, I live in Borneo as an expat on a stupid salary with the love of my life. Maybe she is happy with her life - I know I am happy with mine :wink:
eloisec
Deputy Grecian

Post by eloisec »

I think I know who you mean, and if we are on the same person, I couldn't agree more. Mind you, there were others who could fit the bill, but not with ginger hair :wink:
Eloise Carpenter
Col.A 87-94
kaaa
3rd Former

Post by kaaa »

Hi Eloise,
I'm sure you do :wink: - she had sisters that were almost as bad.
There were a lot of cows around during our time, werent there?!

I am sorry, but the thing I most remember about you is your passion for Rick Astley! :oops:

hee hee :P
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

It has to be the Spice Girls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
kaaa
3rd Former

Post by kaaa »

JR - it's the blue pills you're meant to take.....
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

kara wrote:JR - it's the blue pills you're meant to take.....
i don't care if they're polka-dot, i want whatever he's got...
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Hendrik wrote:
kara wrote:JR - it's the blue pills you're meant to take.....
i don't care if they're polka-dot, i want whatever he's got...
It's easily treated with penicillin these days ! :oops:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
eloisec
Deputy Grecian

Post by eloisec »

kara wrote:Hi Eloise,
I'm sure you do :wink: - she had sisters that were almost as bad.
There were a lot of cows around during our time, werent there?!

I am sorry, but the thing I most remember about you is your passion for Rick Astley! :oops:

hee hee :P
Ok, serious point to clear up :lol: I was definitely never into Rick Astley (he of the weird low voice and one hit?!), however I will own up to liking Jason Donovan. How embarrassing :oops: thankfully my music tastes have changed enormously!!!!

The trio were hardly brains of Britain, but made up for it in a huge misplaced sense of self-worth. I don't think I'll say anymore as I don't want to be deleted off the site by Julian! There were many in Col A, and I'm sure other houses, who were allowed to get away with bullying (not in a girls house surely?!) while staff turned a blind eye. Thankfully once I got onto the LE/UF I actually enjoyed CH. Being good at music/work and learning to stand up for myself helped!

Personally I found Col A improved hugely after the Flemings became Housemasters. I'm not the only one who thought that either. Mrs Endacott would probably still scare me if I had to meet her again :wink:

Anyway, glad to hear you're doing well Kara and no more talk of Rick Astley hehe!
Eloise Carpenter
Col.A 87-94
kaaa
3rd Former

Post by kaaa »

oooh you great big fibber you :D

I clearly remember seeing that huge poster of the ginger minger from my homework cubicle across from me! it was traumatic! ;) well, that and your singing "together forever".... ok - that WAS Jason Donovan - still seriously dodgy.... :wink: :lol:

I didnt last too long with the Flemings - I tried telling MrF that madam and her friends were physically hitting/slapping/kicking me (even at 16/17) when I was his tutee and he was tutor but he made her house captain when he arrived which just made things worse. That and being put in the bottom set for physics just cos I was a girl (despite coming 2nd in the exams for the year!) made me have an "oh ffs" moment and leave. To be honest there were a few girls in my year that were of the same ilk, and I just had nothing to make me want to stay at CH.
eloisec
Deputy Grecian

Post by eloisec »

Must have very selective musical (or not!) memory. Hope the traumatic experience of dodgy posters is fading.

I escaped the various cliques and other house politics by practically moving into music school. But from GE onwards I don't remember having too many problems. Obviously lucky there!

I think I could name the people who you're referring to as being complete :axe: but I won't! Still, I don't think in the long run it did too much harm? You sound happy now, and so am I. So we win after all!

:partyman:
Eloise Carpenter
Col.A 87-94
kaaa
3rd Former

Post by kaaa »

*laughing*

ach, I was a small, intelligent, nerdy girl who had led quite a sheltered life and was an obvious target. I'm sure you know who I mean - it isnt difficult to guess!

the experience did make it very hard to trust people, and I am not a very touchy-feely person even now - I dont like people in my personal space. But - what doesnt kill you makes you stronger - I have a core of steel now, and yes, I am a very driven person, and very happy with how my adult life has turned out (although the dead leg from a 5kg cat sitting on top of it for the last 45 minutes hasnt made me happy! :roll: ).

I also found out as an adult that some of the bullies had really sh1t home lives - eg one girl's father was sexually abusing her and her sister - I found out because she tried to top herself whilst at CH (after I had left) and a friend of a friend was the ambulance driver. Others were just natural cows, but I met some of them whilst at University and they had completely bombed with their lives and were heading down the same track.

So, karma wins! :D